The Ashanti Regional Secretariat of the Convention People’s Party has dissociated itself from a statement attributed to Mr F.A Jantuah, an executive committee member and regional education officer of the party asking for the immediate removal of Dr. Paa Kwesi Nduom as the party’s flag bearer.
In a statement signed by Mr. Akwasi Bosompem Boateng, Regional Secretary and issued in Kumasi in reaction to the call, the CPP condemned the pronouncement and described it as “hypocritical and selfish as well as calculated tactics to pull the flagbearer down”. Mr. Jantuah, had called for the immediate removal of Dr. Nduom to enable him purge himself of allegations contained in a Serious Fraud Office report, which was submitted to parliament in 2001.
The CPP alleged that, Mr. Jantuah was not only frustrated and confused, but also being “sponsored secretly by some coward members who contested for the flagbearership of the party but lost at the congress and see Dr Nduom as a key threat to their political careers now and in the future”. The statement urged the party supporters to regard Mr Jantuah “as a confused and wandering fanatic of some defeated candidates, who would not accept the decision and choice by the majority of the party through democratic processes”.
“It is unfortunate that at this crucial moment when the signs of victory are boldly clear on the wall, some losers in the party who cannot forget their defeat in our congress are utilizing cheap means to keep the CPP tradition in permanent backwardness, which will never succeed”, it stressed.
According to the statement, the party was aware that Mr Jantuah and his group of so-called Nkrumaists were not organizing the plot alone, but had joined hands with certain elements in the opposition political parties to destroy the image and reputation of Dr. Nduom and block the CPP from winning the 2008 general elections.
It said the regional secretariat believed Dr. Nduom remained the best and capable personality within the Nkrumaist to push the CPP to the “promised land” in December and called on all true sons and daughters to put aside the failure and cheap personal ambitions, and work to support the party to achieve victory.
The statement affirmed the support of the regional executive to Dr. Nduom and the national leadership and assured all Ghanaians and members of the CPP that there was nothing to stop Dr. Nduom from contesting the December poll.
The statement called on the national leadership of the party to take bold decision and exercise disciplinary actions against Mr. Jantuah for breaching the constitution of the party. 18 June 08
- Organised Labour rejects 18% salary increment
- Qatar 2022: “Kudus is currently the World Cup best player” – Prince Boateng
- Minority welcomes government’s decision to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Government to reintroduce road toll in 2023
- Ofori-Atta has more integrity than 99% of politicians I know in Ghana – Prof. Stephen Adei
- ‘Insulting’ Ashanti Regional NSS Boss to appear before Committee of Inquiry
- Ato Forson calls out ministers and MPs for abandoning 2023 budget to watch football in Qatar
- 2023 Budget: TUC rejects government’s salary projection of ₵44.9m
- IMF confirms Ghana’s intention to conduct debt restructuring in 2023
- Ashanti Regional NSS Director suspended for verbally abusing a nurse
- GRA to focus on Hospitality and Tourism Sector during festive season to rake in revenue
- COVID Levy: People feel scammed – Kofi Bentil
- Sam Jonah: Extractives, climate change and energy transition: what the future holds for Africa
- Darkovibes releases new single ‘Yao’
- Qatar 2022: Ghanaians want Black Stars to exact revenge on Uruguay
- WAEC releases provisional results for 2022 WASSCE; 8,486 candidates in trouble
- It’s not my fault Asamoah Gyan missed the penalty in 2010 – Luis Suarez
- Ashanti Regional Health Directorate engages stakeholders on Marburg virus prevention
- Conjugate vaccine in lessening typhoid burden in Ghana
- We still need to work hard to achieve our target – Otto Addo
- Ghana’s topmost CEOs to attend prestigious CEOs business networking cocktail
- We are working to support SMEs to leverage AfCFTA-Gender Minister
- Adidas’ in-ball sensor confirms Ronaldo didn’t score World Cup “hair goal”
- Black Adam: Dwayne Johnson offers update on Henry Cavill’s return as Superman
- Nima celebrates Mohammed Kudus with a mural