The founder of defunct Capital Bank, William Ato Essien, and three other persons have been charged by the state with 26 offences for their roles leading to the collapse of the bank in 2017.
Fitzgerald Odonkor, former CEO of the Bank; Dr Tetteh Nettey, owner of MC Management Services Ltd and Kate Quartey-Papafio, CEO of Reroy Cables Ltd, were cited in the charge sheet presented to the Accra High Court.
The charges include conspiracy to steal citing Mr Ato Essien and Tettey Nettey acting together between October and November 2015 in Accra to steal ¢100 million belonging to Capital Bank.
Fitzgerald Odonkor, former CEO of Capital Bank
There was also the charge of abetment which cited Mr Odonkor assisting Mr Ato Essien and Mr Nettey to dishonestly appropriate Capital Bank’s ¢100 million between the same timeline.
The four were also cited for laundering money between October and November in 2015 in Accra as they converted ¢100 million knowing it was proceeds of crime.
Below is the charge sheet
- Review e-levy rate to 0.5% with ¢300 daily threshold – Minority tells government
- Government’s ban on use of V8s in Accra, a mere sloganeering – Dr Theo Acheampong
- MPs converge at Volta Serene Hotel for post-budget workshop
- One arrested, others on the run after allegedly murdering police officer
- After 5 years of repackaging, Skuuls Reunion returns today at El Wak Stadium
- Photos and videos: HITZ FM Skuuls Reunion underway at El Wak Sports Stadium
- Indonesian woman’s body found inside python, say reports
- Government must be commended for reducing e-levy rate – John Kumah
- Sights and sounds: ‘Jama’ session, exciting skaters kick-start Hitz Old Skuuls Reunion
- Ghana is not serious about social progression and inclusivity – Prof. Bokpin
- Kuami Eugene, Eno Barony and Keche climax HITZ Skuuls Reunion’s return
- British Council urges student’s under IAU Programme to become good entrepreneurs
- LUV FM’s morning show team distributes about 1,000 pieces of sanitary pads to needy girls
- Photos and videos: Artistes thrill patrons at HITZ Skuuls Reunion
- Mbappe scores twice as France reach knockout stage
- Messi scores in vital Argentina win over Mexico
- Tullow Ghana reaffirms commitment to grow indigenous capacities
- Ghana’s 2023 Budget: A Missed Opportunity
- I hope Afriyie Barnieh will be used in one of the games at the World Cup – Hearts of Oak General Manager
- VP Bawumia launches $450m Gulf of Guinea Social Cohesion Project
- Gov’t promises more support to Ghana Police
- BoG pegs cedi depreciation to dollar at 54%
- Ghana’s reserves fall to 2.9 months of import cover in October 2022; trade surplus hits $1.87bn
- Average lending rate hits 31.40% in October 2022 – BoG
- Lynx Entertainment unveils kids sensation Afrapa