The Executive Council of the African Union, meeting within the framework of its 42nd ordinary session, in Addis Ababa, refused, on Thursday, to adopt the draft “strategy and political framework for the African Union” and postponed consideration for lack of consensus.
This decision was taken while Algeria and its acolytes had manoeuvred to adopt a document concocted with the aim of allowing broad participation in all the summits of the African Union’s partnerships, in flagrant violation of the decisions of the Heads of the African States supervising this participation.
The firm reaction of a large number of African countries, including Morocco, aborted this manoeuvre.
In fact, and despite the tendentious actions of a small number of countries, the Executive Council of the African Union has decided to refer the examination of this draft strategy to the deliberative bodies of the Union, in close collaboration with the African Union, including with regard to issues of participation and classification of African Union partnerships.
The Executive Council of the African Union continues Thursday in Addis Ababa, the work of its 42nd ordinary session with the participation of Morocco, as a prelude to the Summit of the Union scheduled for February 18 and 19.
Morocco is represented at this session by the Minister of Foreign Affairs, African Cooperation and Moroccans Living Abroad, Nasser Bourita.
- Charles Bissue will not turn himself in despite court order for his arrest – Lawyer
- Court of Appeal Judge to be investigated for ‘suspicious ruling’
- Gold for Oil policy cornering BDCs – Dr. Ofori
- Ras Nene confronts Achimota Mall security for stopping his team from filming
- Contact NCA if you are without Ghana Card and your SIM has been deactivated – Ursula
- Ghana returns to gold top spot as output jumps 32%
- Playback: Burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician Modestus Zame
- The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame laid to rest
- 2022/23 GPL final day: Medeama and Bechem title tug of war, Hearts of Oak’s relegation threat
- Tourists watch Russian man get devoured by shark on Egypt beach
- Prof Frimpong Boateng is a role model for fighting ‘galamsey’, follow his examples – German Ambassador urges Ghanaians
- Special Prosecutor is guest on Newsfile on Saturday, June 10
- Unemployment in Ghana is highest among female youth – ISSER report reveals alarming disparities
- GrEEn project plants 2,000 trees in Ashanti and Western regions
- Asantehene leads tree planting in Kumasi as part of Green Ghana Day initiative
- Johnnie Walker Black Label and Red Label ‘step out of boxes’
- Sankalp West Africa Summit 2023 on entrepreneurship slated for June 12
- French Open 2023: Novak Djokovic through to final after Carlos Alcaraz injury
- Man Utd owners spoke to PSG chairman about Sheikh Jassim bin Hamad Al Thani’s bid
- We need to join forces in fighting deforestation in Ghana – German Ambassador urges government
- Photos from burial service of The Multimedia Group’s Lead Camera Technician, Modestus Zame
- Karpowership and TTU give Subri River Reserve life with tree planting exercise
- SDGs Advisory Unit partners with Forestry Commission to plant 1000 seedlings
- Sudan rivals agree 24-hour truce, Saudi Arabia says
- Burkina Faso offers bounty for 20 ‘wanted terrorists’