An Aide to New Patriotic Party’s 2012 running mate, wants people to “totally disregard” any report that Dr. Mahamudu Bawumia will contest the party’s presidential primaries for 2016 elections.
“Dr. Bawumia harbours no intention whatsoever at this point in time to be interested in leading the party”, Anthony Karbo responds.
This follows alleged sponsored posters, seen in some parts of Accra, depicting the 2012 vice-presidential aspirant clad in a smock. It is inscribed “Bawumia for 2016”.
Although, the former NPP National Youth Organiser was not clear about the authenticity of any group calling itself ‘Friends of Bawumia’, he was “clear in [his] mind” this is the handiwork of the governing National Democratic Congress (NDC).
It is meant to “create a wedge in the party”, Anthony believes.
He recalled that such posters surfaced during the hearing of the election petition at the Supreme in which Bawumia was a key witness.
He labelled this “NDC antics” as “destructive tendencies” and “completely ludicrous” because, the position of presidential candidate is not vacant.
He said Dr. Bawumia’s prime focus is on building the party to capture power 2016.
- I asked Akufo-Addo to forgive me for opposing Bawumia as running mate – Ama Busia
- NDC party has now become lame – Dan Abodakpi
- Whether dumsor is back or not, current power outages must be resolved immediately – Prof Adei
- Second dose of Covid-19 vaccine can be taken 4 weeks after the deadline stated – GHS
- NDC must focus on healing the horse, not selecting a rider – Kunbour
- 8 more die of Covid-19, active cases now 1,334
- 7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize
- ‘A tenant may be evicted for a month’s arrears’ – Rent Control
- Doctor withdraws notice to leave health centre after Bawumia donated equipment and supplies
- Tottenham sack Mourinho after 17 months
More apprentices write COTVET exams in Bono Region
Attorney General supports my motion for appeal – Lawyer for Akuapem Poloo reveals
‘A spit in the face of football lovers’ – Uefa boss condemns European Super League plans
GRIDCo releases excess fibre capacity to CSquared for broadband distribution
Amansie West MP initiates responsible mining program
My call to duty is worship – Wendy asserts in new song
Government to switch off analogue signal soon as CDTCL takes off
Akuapem Poloo’s child is with me, he doesn’t know what is going on – Actress’ lawyer
Government assures local creditors of AirtelTigo arrangement to settle debt owed company
NASA makes history by flying a helicopter on Mars for the first time
We possess the ingenuity to oversee our economic restoration – Ofori-Atta tells staff
Herrera and Ozil among players slamming European Super League
Namibia asks gay parents to prove link to children
Film producer Alfred Agyapong ready to inject $150k into film industry
7 times Ghana has beaten Nigeria to the prize