Baba Rahman is waste! I’ve never liked his style of play. He “singlehandedly” cost us 2 goals. No surprises Chelsea have had him on a loaning ping-pong.
With better options, I wonder why he gets to play.
Maybe, as Otto Addo said concerning Joseph Paintsil, not only he does these selections – so we did our usual biased things – and there we have the result!
Our loss of concentration is a major problem.
Sloppy losses of the ball in critical areas is another major concern.
Our midfield is shambolic. If we don’t plug those holes, the South Koreans, for example, who play very fast football, could cut us to shreds!
Partey was MIA. I guess we should start letting such players warm the bench and let those who actually show gall and turn up in big matches play.
Maybe that will make a difference and make these “big players” realise you can be big at Arsenal – but if you aren’t “big” in our “big matches,” you’re small and fungible!
Dede showed up. That proves why we need his experience and aggression – even if he’s now a bit of an old man – football-speaking.
Otto Addo’s changes, I feel, were a little ill-timed.
The Portuguese wasted no time unsettling us right after that.
Otto has a lot of work to do in that respect. Unfortunately for us, the World Cup is not the stage for trial and error.
The positives? We’ve scored Africa’s first 2 goals at the tournament; we didn’t suffer a whitewashing – even while facing the world’s 9th best team; and we saved face for Africa.
Would that Iñaki had netted that last-minute steal to cap it all off! That would have been a real sucker punch! We would have stolen Portugal’s thunder!
Alas! Wishes aren’t horses and beggars don’t ride! In the end, though, let’s face it: Portugal was the better side.
Our lack of proper preparation, an incisive mindset and poor decisions on the pitch (both coaching staff and players) were our undoing.
Let’s work for better against Uruguay and South Korea.
God bless Ghana!
- Samuel Eto’o filmed brutally kneeing a man in the face after Brazil’s World Cup clash with South Korea
- Bank of Ghana upgrades one cedi coin
- Photos: Volta Regional NPP Secretary ties knot with Deputy Women’s Organiser
- Road toll to be collected electronically – Roads Minister
- We reject debt exchange programme; it will destroy savings of Ghanaians – Pensions Chamber
- Cedi likely to strengthen against dollar amidst debt sustainability outlook
- Debt exchange could land Ghana in very difficult times – Dr. Atuahene
- Government might have over-borrowed – John Kumah admits
- Presidents must have courage to reshuffle their ministers – Kufuor
- Parliament approves 2023 Budget and Economic Policy
- Cyril Ramaphosa: How Arthur Fraser landed South Africa’s president in trouble
- PM Express Analysis: Paying more for Water & Electricity – A conversation with PURC Executive Secretary
- 2022 FIFA WC: Morocco takes charge of the African challenge after dumping Spain
- Public servants are justified in asking for increase in salaries – Minority Leader
- Police secures court remand for three persons involved in gold scam and robbery
- Banda Khalifa: The Manhyia Saga exemplifies a toxic work environment.
- Good Shepherd R/C JHS wins Junior Science and Maths Quiz 2022
- Masantewaa Emporium represents Ghana at Runway Dubai
- Ghana Muslim Mission commissions clinic for residents at Korle-Gonno
- Delay in speech development in children can be genetic – Speech therapist
- Tanzania to spend cash on schools instead of independence day
- Security guard gunned down on Tarkwa-Banso road
- Brosankro-Aprakukrom Murder: Bereaved families appeal to IGP
- Prices of hair extensions up as festive season nears
- Government has not demonstrated ‘we are in this together’ anthem – Titus Beyuo