Audio By Carbonatix
Some teachers and students of the Benkum Senior High School in the Eastern Region are disputing claims by a female student of the school that she was gang raped.
They argue even if there was sex, it may have been with the girl's consent.
One of the teachers who spoke to Joy News Editor Israel Laryea on anonymity could not understand why the supposed victim did not report the alleged gang rape incident and waited two clear days after her brother, who is also a student in the school reported it.
The student, name withheld, was alleged to have endured several rounds of sex by nine students of the school, Saturday night. One of the suspects is said to be the victim’s boy friend.
At least six boys have been arrested with three others on the run after the case was reported to the police.
Whilst the police say they are pursuing a gang rape incident, some of the teachers and students believe the victim may have consented to the act.
Their suspicion stems from the fact that victim sneaked back into the classroom after evening studies, referred to as preps and more importantly after a roll call had been conducted by the house master to make sure all students were ready to sleep.
They are even more surprised that the victim was spotted in church, a day after the act, dancing heartily, questioning why she did not report the incident then.
The anonymous teacher told Israel Laryea “from what happened I don’t believe its rape.”
The school's counseling committee is said to have had a session with the girl on Thursday, adding she has been attending classes regularly.
The headmaster would not comment on the matter but the District Director of Education says he is awaiting a report on the entire incident from the school.
In the meantime, he said he has paid visits to the victim as well as the suspects.
Four of the six suspects are presently at the Mamfe Police station after they were remanded.
The two remaining suspects, who are minors are said to have been transferred to the Koforidua Borstal Institute.
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
GIBA calls on NCA to review FM coverage restriction directive – GIBA President
2 hours -
Future of Ghana’s media will be defined by AI, digital disruption and regulatory reform – GIBA
2 hours -
Mahama stayed away so Ministers could speak freely – Kwakye Ofosu opens up on Damang Mine Cabinet debate
2 hours -
Kylie Minogue says cancer experience ‘still with me’
2 hours -
Dozens of romance scammers arrested after specialist fraud squad investigation in UK, Nigeria
2 hours -
Ghana to bid farewell to Aps Kwadwo Safo as funeral rites set for July 30
3 hours -
Son of Mango boss arrested over father’s fatal fall from cliff
3 hours -
Video: Moment Arsenal squad found out they were Premier League 2025/26 champions
3 hours -
Starbucks Korea sacks CEO over controversial ‘Tank Day’ promotion
3 hours -
Google to release first smart glasses since Google Glass flop
3 hours -
Two-time winner Alcaraz out of Wimbledon with injury
3 hours -
GSA shuts down 5A Homes for allegedly producing substandard mattresses
3 hours -
Heads of SHSs cite Buffer Stock Company over missing cost details of food supplies
3 hours -
Gov’t breached oil fund law for 5 years, kept $100m cap instead of $584m – PIAC report
3 hours -
Buffer Stock Company says SHS food prices are agreed by stakeholders, denies lack of transparency
3 hours