Nicholas Opoku has joined the Black Stars in Luanda for the Africa Cup of Nations Group E clash against Angola on Monday.
The Amiens defender has been drafted in to provide options for Coach Chris Hughton following the absence of Salisu Mohammed and Alexander Djiku. The two defenders who have been key members of the Ghana squad in recent times were left out of the travelling party due to injuries.
Nicholas made his Black Stars debut in July 2017, and has gone on to play for Ghana 13 times and scored one goal. He is expected to provide competition for Joseph Aidoo and Daniel Amartey who are the only recognized central defenders in the team.
The former Berekum Chelsea played stayed on the sidelines for close to one season after rupturing his cruciate ligaments in 2021 just one month after the commencement of the 2021-22 season.
The game which is scheduled for 16:00 GMT kick-off will be played at 11 November stadium in Luanda on Monday, March 27, 2023.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- BoG needs to pay equal attention to non-bank financial institutions as it does banks – Dr. Anane-Antwi
- BoG interventions to restore confidence in financial sector not enough – Dr. Atuahene
- Pita Limjaroenrat: Thai election upstart who vows to be different
- Uganda’s President Museveni approves tough new anti-gay law
- Beyoncé’s Renaissance tour: An intergalactic explosion of fun
- Group calls for help to save Keta Kɔlebu Market
- 10 signs you’re in a toxic relationship with your job
- If these 5 things are happening, your relationship is already over
- Men who smile at women are sexist, says Science
- The IMF programme has been designed with an extension in mind – Prof Bokpin
- IMF deal: There is a lot of pain; government must first calm the market – Prof Bokpin
- Government should have called a national meeting before announcing 0.5% compensation reduction -Labour expert
- Hohoe gets new ultra modern market, traders commend Municipal Assembly
- GIZ support: Over 400 young entrepreneurs receive startup tools to build and grow their business
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town