The BMW Club Ghana has donated to two health facilities to boost their input in the fight against Covid-19 in the country.
The University of Ghana Medical Center (UGMC) and the Ga East Municipal Hospital received the items as part of activities to mark the club’s third anniversary.
Speaking to JoyNew’s Kweku Asante, President of the Club, Lloyd Ashley, said the gesture was to recognise the efforts of frontline health workers as they sacrifice to save others.
“As much as we are auto enthusiasts, we also follow the trend and we are in a time where we are having a pandemic, so it is essential that we also have an impact. The best thing we could also think of was to donate something to the frontline health workers,” he said.
He added, “it’s on very few occasions that they [Frontline Healthcare workers] are acknowledged, we are often concerned about the patients, but the people administering the treatment, the people taking care of the patients, is also very essential. So we found right today to acknowledge them by giving them this little donation from the BMW Club.”
Ghana’s Battle against Covid 19 is yet to be totally won. In spite of an impressive recovery rate and a declining number of active case, there’s much more to be done.
As part of its three years anniversary celebration, the BMW Club Ghana says the donation is with a view of recognizing the efforts of Frontline Healthcare workers and boosting these facilities abilities to deal with cases.
The club has been the forefront of donating to marginalized groups and worthy causes as part of their Corporate Social Responsibility.
Head of Medical Affairs at the University of Ghana Medical Centre, Dr Kwame Anim Boamah expressed appreciation as he received the items.
“This kind of donation serves as a motivation for management and our staff. To recognise that you are doing something good. It is true that we have some PPEs already but the more we get, the better,” he said.
On his part, Acting Director of the Ghana Infectious Disease Center, Dr Joseph Adjetey Oliver Commey said the donation will “ginger us to give up our best to help those who are less fortunate.”
“We have been surprised, many times donation are made towards the welfare of patients but this donation is towards our welfare and as front-liners, we feel appreciated.”
The BMW Club is a club for owners of BMW-automobile and individuals passionate about the global brand.
The group is aimed also at providing a forum where users of the brand will access expert advice to improve their driving experience.
- 3 ECG employees charged for stealing ¢2.1m prepaid credits
- Yul Edochie and wife May lose first son
- No one from Ghana’s film industry approached me while I was here – Spike Lee
- Martin Amidu on Anas: ‘Genuine anti-corruption crusaders don’t hide behind masks’
- Power outages imminent as Ghana Gas shuts down Atuabo gas processing plant from April 1
- Davido confirms he’s married to Chioma
- Ambulance case: Court orders Ato Forson to open defence
- Ashanti NDC refutes allegations of wearing military uniforms on campaign tour
- No ‘Closed Season’ for artisanal fishers if NDC wins power in 2024 – Mahama
- We owe Green Ghana seed providers ¢28m, not ¢2.3bn – Government
- WMO retires deadly cyclone Fiona and Ian from list of names
- 5 member committee investigating Kejetia Market fire starts with fact-finding mission
- UBA Ghana holds first quarter ‘Jogging To Bond’
- Livestream: PM Express discusses how to restore capital market after DDEP
- Kuami Eugene offers budding musicians tips for Joy Prime’s ‘Cues & Lyrics’ audition
- Mercy Chinwo threatens musician with ₦2bn lawsuit after he used her name in song
- Mastercard Foundation Health Collaborative allocates $1 million for prospective entrepreneurs
- We’ll pay outstanding debt despite inheriting it – Electrochem
- Lawyer for Jonathan Majors shares alleged texts from woman involved in actor’s assault arrest
- Inaki is not scoring for Ghana because he plays with a No.10 who loves to score – Ignatius Osei Fosu
- Desist from gifting out cedi bouquets, hampers; it is illegal – BoG warns
- Pass outstanding revenue bills – Youth in Accountable Governance to Parliament
- Joint Paper by KAIPTC researchers wins global prize
- Standard Chartered Bank appoints Albert Larweh Asante as new Executive Director
- Al Jazeera exposé: Zimbabwe government gags media