The body of a taxi driver who disappeared in the US state of Georgia has been discovered under a man’s house.
Kim Mason, a driver for the app Lyft, was reported missing by her fiancé after she failed to come home from work in Gwinnett County on Sunday.
Her partner reportedly called her cell phone at about 3am the following morning, and received a text back to say she was driving passengers.
Police got a tip off about her location and a warrant was subsequently issued to search a house near Bethlehem on Monday evening, local media reported.
Officers found a body buried in the crawlspace under the property on Tuesday, Barrow County Sheriff Judd Smith told WAGA-TV.
It was later identified to be Ms Mason.
Adam Heard, the occupier of the house, was arrested and charged with concealing a death, evidence tampering, possession of a gun by a convicted criminal and theft of a motor vehicle.
He was further charged with violating the terms of his probation for another offence.
Heard was jailed and will appear in court at a later date.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation has ordered an autopsy into Ms Mason’s death, but the cause is not yet clear.
Heard may face additional charges depending on the outcome of the autopsy, police said.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- IMF bailout to depend on government’s ability to achieve 55% of debt to GDP – Fitch
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- Crackdown on fraudulent payrolls as Fair Wages and Salaries Commission hints at audit
- The Weeknd named world’s Most Popular Artist by Guinness World Records
- Don’t approve 5% tax on beverages, widen tax net – Food and Beverage Association tells government
- AG Dame dialogues with UK Deputy PM over criminal justice reform
- Immigration fuels Canada’s largest population growth of over 1 million
- Walking barefoot improves menstrual flow, eyesight, sleep, hypertension, pain, and inflammation
- Jay Bahd is bigger than the ‘Best New Artist’ category – DJ Slim
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Gisele Bundchen says Tom Brady divorce was ‘death of my dream’
- Akufo-Addo’s appointments of NPP activists to EC require amendment of Article 43 – Mahama
- ICC concerned by Russia’s ‘threats’ over Putin warrant
- Why is everyone wearing these cartoonish red boots?
- Ken Ofori-Atta leads delegation to start debt restructuring talks with China
- BBC advises staff to delete TikTok from work phones
- Volta ECG reconnects Ho Airport, GRA, others after payments
- Explicitly state your opposition to scrapping of ex-gratia – Mahama tells NPP