Vice President of policy think tank IMANI Africa, Bright Simons, has assessed President Akufo-Addo’s opinion about the current crisis.
On October 30, the President explained the country’s current circumstances and outlined measures which he believes will alleviate the situation in the future.
IMANI Africa’s Bright Simons has done a blow-by-blow analysis of his speech.
According to him, some figures that came up during the president’s address leave much to be desired as far as getting out of the downturn is concerned.
He justified his position with a 30-minute presentation on Saturday’s edition of Newsfile.
Watch Mr Simons’ full video below.
Ghana is currently at the doors of the International Monetary Fund (IMF) for a possible $3 billion bailout amid intensifying hardship, skyrocketing fuel prices, a rising cost of living and a depreciating cedi.
Some have pointed to a haircut that will see investors losing portions of their funds as part of possible debt restructuring measures which may come up in the ongoing talk with IMF.
- Gospel musician accuses police of killing her brother in a scuffle over cash
- Afia Schwarzenegger fined GH¢60k in contempt case
- Deadline for Domestic Debt Exchange Programme extended to Feb 7
- Assault of Latif: Attorney General begs for time to pursue settlement talks
- Minority leadership rancour is a needless distraction – Okudzeto Ablakwa
- Debt Exchange: NIC to suspend minimum capital requirements, CAR of insurance firms for 2 years
- Chicago prosecutor drops R Kelly’s sex-abuse charges
- Leicester City sign Ghanaian youngster Nathan Opoku
- Trader jailed for causing harm to ‘Good Samaritan’
- Ghana places 72nd, stagnates in 2022 Corruption Perceptions Index
- Alternative Livelihoods Project: 3,000 former illegal miners gain employment
- Record Botswana diamond sales in 2022 as Russia shunned
- Idris Elba in talks to open film studio in Tanzania
- Thomas Moore Adingo: Why should private health insurance players be unhappy with GAB activities?
- Nigeria election 2023: The oil land with no electricity
- Pope in DR Congo: ‘Hands off Africa’ says Pope Francis in Kinshasa speech
- Empire Builders staff appeal to government to protect them, prevent sale of their lands
- Jorginho moves from Chelsea to the Gunners in a deal worth £12m
- Civil Society Organisations urged to step up HIV/AIDS awareness campaigns
- Chelsea agree British record £106m fee for Benfica midfielder Enzo Fernandez
- DDE: State regulators accommodating fiscal slippages is what has brought us here – Prof. Bokpin
- “He Only tried to get the best of his trip” – Stonebwoy on Meek Mill Jubilee House video
- Paramount Chief of Sunyani, queen mother cited for contempt of court
- DDE: Don’t fret, you can self-exempt – Senyo Hosi to individual bondholders
- Nathan Aidoo: An interview with Yaw Nsarkoh