Some residents of Haatso in the Ga East Municipality of the Greater Accra Region say they cannot stand the stench from an abandoned broken down waste truck in their neighborhood.
The waste lift vehicle has been there for the past 2 weeks with refuse scattered around while an offensive smell emanates from the truck. This has worsened the situation.
The vehicle with registration number GS 1691-10, belongs to Honest Waste Services but has been left unattended. The situation has been a big challenge for residents as it could erupt into an epidemic.
According to residents, the incident has attracted scavengers who scavenge through the waste, thus creating a mess in the area.
In an interview, Ms Adiza Braimah, a resident shared her ordeal with myjoyonline.com. Adiza said she has tried to get in touch with the waste management company but her effort proved futile.
She disclosed that she organized some neighbors to clean the overflowing refuse to minimize the stench.
They also hired tricycles to cart the refuse away as the stench kept affecting everybody, including passersby who kept complaining.
Another resident who prefers to remain anonymous, also complained that the stench has attracted houseflies.
She further revealed that some people have also taken an undue advantage to dump more refuse into the broken down truck.
In an interview with Myjoyonline.com, the manager of Honest Waste Services, Mr Wilson Awatey, said they had to abandon the truck because of a broken crank shaft.
He promised to remove the truck and clean the place.
- Woman ordered to refund $80k after she refuses to marry man who paid her fees
- Suspected food poisoning: Waakye kills 5 including pregnant woman
- We were never consulted on NDC Parliamentary leadership reshuffle – Muntaka Mubarak
- Debt Exchange Programme: Government reaches agreement with Ghana Insurers Association
- Stonebwoy thanks Asamoah Gyan for paying for his surgery 7 years ago
- Financial crisis has affected my GH¢106k investment – Agyinasare
- Minority Leadership reshuffle an affront to dignity of NDC Caucus – Dr. Dominic Ayine
- Consultations are not mandatory – Dr. Spio-Garbrah on change in Minority leadership
- Haruna Iddrisu disclaims posts on Facebook, Twitter handles purported to be his
- Haruna Iddrisu, Muntaka Mubarak still leaders of Minority Caucus – Cletus Avoka
- KNUST findings cite reduction in green areas for increased flooding in Kumasi
- Develop a positive attitude – Apostle Nyamekye advises Ghanaians
- The Spanish town powered by waves
- GES commiserates with bereaved families of 8 drowned pupils
- Black Sherif bags 5 nominations from Soundcity MVP Awards
- 47th SWAG Awards gala set for Saturday, January 28
- Government reaches deal with Securities Industry Association to sign up for Domestic Debt Exchange
- No amount of petitions and press conferences can reverse NDC’s new parliamentary leadership – Ras Mubarak
- Climate change reporting shouldn’t always be about doom – Lecturer
- A sex scene with Jim Iyke almost got me expelled from university – Actress
- BBC News presenter gets emotional in last ever sign-off
- Kenyan court convicts Venezuelan diploma of murder
- Is Iñaki Williams favourite to win LaLiga African MVP award?
- Woman arrested for enrolling as high school student
- Ukraine declares war on its other enemy, corruption