The Ghana Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) says it has not issued an air carrier license to Global Ghana Airlines to commence operations in Ghana.
This follows the emergence of an advertisement about airline operator Global Airline which intends to fly from Chicago to Accra beginning October this year.
A statement from the Director General of the Ghana Civil Aviation Authority Simon Allotey says the regulator has had no dealings with the airline.
The statement said "there is no Ghanaian Registered Airline by the name Global Ghana Airlines Ltd and the Authority does not have any application for an Air Carrier License from that company.
The Authority has also not received any application from a Foreign Aeronautical Authority or from a Foreign Operator by that name for approval to commence operations to Ghana."
It will be recalled that two years ago, Global Ghana Airlines did a similar advert and the Authority cautioned Ghanaians against doing any transaction with them.
The Ghana Civil Aviation Authority has added that since the purported operations will be between the USA and Ghana, they will further enquire from the US FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) if there is such an Operator on their register, then take the appropriate action from an informed position.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Tunisia seeks direct flights to Ghana
- Top 26 billionaires own $1.4 trillion
- PwC to take 'legal action' against loan defaulters of defunct UT, Capital Banks
- Tanzania delegation understudies NLA's transformational agenda
- GRA confident its international partnership will help boost revenue
- Kasapreko, Tetra Pak launch new automated carton aseptic juice line
- MASLOC boss grabs multiple awards
- Mobile Network Operators challenge NCA fine
- The greed factor in investment decisions
- Societe Generale sells South African unit to ABSA
- NPA denies allegations of ‘reckless victimisation’ of local LPG operators
- Mobile telephony: State-operator relations - A land to clear
- Bill Gates: The best investment I’ve ever made
- Mining leases without ratification: ‘Prosecute’ past ministers – Dr Manteaw
- Vodafone tops nominations for IPR's 7th National Communication & PR Awards