The Ghana Civil Aviation Authority (GCAA) says it has not issued an air carrier license to Global Ghana Airlines to commence operations in Ghana.
This follows the emergence of an advertisement about airline operator Global Airline which intends to fly from Chicago to Accra beginning October this year.
A statement from the Director General of the Ghana Civil Aviation Authority Simon Allotey says the regulator has had no dealings with the airline.
The statement said "there is no Ghanaian Registered Airline by the name Global Ghana Airlines Ltd and the Authority does not have any application for an Air Carrier License from that company.
The Authority has also not received any application from a Foreign Aeronautical Authority or from a Foreign Operator by that name for approval to commence operations to Ghana."
It will be recalled that two years ago, Global Ghana Airlines did a similar advert and the Authority cautioned Ghanaians against doing any transaction with them.
The Ghana Civil Aviation Authority has added that since the purported operations will be between the USA and Ghana, they will further enquire from the US FAA (Federal Aviation Administration) if there is such an Operator on their register, then take the appropriate action from an informed position.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Factory pollution: EPA shuts down one factory, one other still operating
- Nominees for GUBA Awards USA 2019 announced
- Ghana Post GPS, McDan Shipping, Others honoured at Ghana Shippers Awards 2019
- Free Zones Authority holds 2019 investment promotion in China
- New Dubai Chamber website provides key business insights
- IMF places Ghana on Post Program Monitoring as debt reaches over $1bn
- New face of the Bank of England's £50 note is revealed
- Zimbabwe’s inflation hits 175% in June
- U.S. proposes barring big tech firms from offering financial services, digital currencies
- GT Bank named best bank in Africa at Euromoney Awards
- AfCFTA to create investment hub – Ofori-Atta
- Triciabiz launches online business school for African entrepreneurs
- Guinness launches ‘Y3n Nyin Mbom’ promo to boost customers’ profitability
- PZ Cussons launches season 2 of Baby Moments Competition
- Former staff of Heritage Bank accuse Receiver of cheating them on exit package