Ghana’s Port and Maritime industry has made history following the appointment of Mrs Sandra Opoku as Director of Ports for the Tema Harbour under the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA).
The appointment by President Addo Dankwa Akufo-Addo on Monday 4, 2019 will go down in history as the first time a female has been appointed to occupy that sensitive position.
Until her appointment, Sandra Opoku was the General Manager of the in-charge of Legal Affairs of Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority (GPHA).
She now becomes the acting Director of The Port of Tema, Ghana's largest commercial Port.
Mrs. Opoku was employed as a lawyer for the state-run organisation in 2003.
Barely a year later she was admitted into the International Maritime Law Institute in Malta in 2004 and graduating with Masters in International Maritime Law.
Prior to serving as General Manager of Legal Affairs of GPHA, she held positions including GPHA’s General Manager in-charge of Administration, Legal Manager and Board Secretary of the Ghana Ports and Harbours Authority.
Have your say
More Business Headlines
- Tony Elumelu Foundation to announce selected entrepreneurs for 2019 programme
- RE: Telcos asked to stop sale of sim cards on the streets
- MTN Ghana enhances data experience for customers with 4G+ service
- Nothing in life happens by chance – MTN boss tells youth
- Ghana benefiting from hedged gold prices
- Cedi records marginal appreciation against dollar after weeks of sustained depreciation
- Huawei defies global troubles with accelerating sales growth
- Gov’t urged to introduce legislation to regulate social enterprising
- Christian businessmen can stick to Godly principles and still be successful – T.D Jakes
- Telcos asked to stop sale of sim cards on the streets
- 1D1F: Petersfield & Rey, CASA de Ropa start production
- Cabinet approves Downstream Petroleum Policy
- Gov’t receives €40m grant to promote investments, job creation
- Dutch businesses explore investment opportunities in Ghana’s horticulture sector
- COCOBOD money not solution to free falling cedi – Bentil