Cadbury Ghana Limited, makers of Richoco, has announced the commencement of its education support programme aimed at assisting parents and guardians to pay the school fees of their wards.
The programme will be executed through an annual ‘Richoco My Ghana My Pride’ National Essay Competition which is open to upper primary, junior and senior high school students across the country.
Cadbury’s Marketing Manager, Kwabena Opoku at the launch said, “We are delighted to announce this essay contest, as it is an opportunity to embolden Ghanaian students to participate in issues of importance to our country such as our heritage.
“It is essential for us to understand the perspective of the youth when it comes toour rich cultural sites and activities in their communities.
Rules of the contest
The competition is open to all Upper Primary, Junior High and Senior High School students who are Ghanaian. Students are to write on the topic: “Your cousin, who lives in a different part of the country, is coming to visit you for the holidays. Write a letter to him/her telling them about the top 5 exciting and interesting things to do in your region for when they visit.”
• Contestants are to submit a handwritten essay of not more than 400 words for Upper Primary, 600 words for Junior High School and 750 words for Senior High School.
• Attach an empty pack of either Richoco 1kg or 2 packs of Richoco 500g.
• Entries must be dropped off at any of the vantage points pan Ghana. (Visit Cadbury Richoco on Facebook and Instagram for the drop off points).
• Participants must be an Upper Primary, JHS or SHS student living in Ghana.
• Applicants must submit their complete contact information (school name and address, residential address, phone number and email address).
• Deadline for entries is September 30, 2020, and 15 entries will be shortlisted and invited to take part in a final quiz in October 2020.
• A whopping ¢100,000 will be split among 15 students and 3 schools.
• The top 5 essays from each category (Upper Primary, JHS and SHS) will take part in the final quiz to determine who wins the grand prize from that category.
• The winners from each category will win ¢10,000 for themselves and another ¢10,000 for their school.
• The remaining finalists will walk away with cash prizes for themselves.
Cadbury Richoco which was launched in 1992 is made using only the finest Ghanaian cocoa and has since 1992 been featuring prominently in the Chop Boxes of many students past and present.
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
Protect Ghanaian businesses to aid job-oriented economic growth – Dr Kofi Amoah
Wesley Girls: Aside ban on fasting Muslims aren’t allowed to observe Salat – Old student
Operation Halt must be sustained, extended to tributaries of major rivers – Defence Minister
Akufo-Addo is not against mining, he is helping to improve it – Lands Minister
Pupils travel 3 hours barefoot on muddy road to school in Accra
Military not harassing legal miners – Dominic Nitiwul
2021 Wolves Cup to be launched on Wednesday
Israel: Hamas launches rocket attack on Tel Aviv
Military taskforce deployed to fight illegal mining facing local resistance – Defense Minister
Manchester City win Premier League title after Manchester United lose to Leicester
Soyuncu’s header gives Leicester win at Man Utd to hand Man City title
3 communities in Krachi East Municipality calls on government for portable water
3 police officers, others remanded for alleged secret burial
Decision to reinstate Kwabena Agyepong was unanimous – Freddie Blay
Military fight illegal miners in ‘Operation Halt’