As part of efforts to forge mutually-beneficial working relationships with the media, CAMFED Ghana will be holding its annual CAMFED-Media partnership meeting on Thursday June 10.
The meeting is expected to provide a good opportunity for networking and collaboration in support of girls’ education, women’s empowerment and job creation.
Madam Sally Ofori Yeboah, National Director for CAMFED Ghana, who made this known in an interview with the GNA said CAMFED envisioned a world in which every child was educated, protected, respected and valued.
She said as the most effective strategy to tackle poverty and inequality, CAMFED multiplies educational opportunities for girls and empowers young women to become leaders of change.
She added that against this background, the organisation focused on girls and young women in rural areas of sub-Saharan Africa, where girls faced acute disadvantage and where their empowerment would have a transformative impact.
Madam Yeboah said through the CAMFED Association, women were leading action on the big challenges their countries faced including; child marriage, girls’ exclusion from education and climate change.
She said through its collective efforts, CAMFED had supported over 4.8 million children in schools across Ghana, Malawi, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe.
She added that millions of students had also benefited from an improved educational environment across their partner schools.
CAMFED is a pan-African movement, revolutionizing how girls’ education is delivered.
- Construction work by manufacturing company causing artificial earthquakes in Bortianor – Residents
- Shatta Wale showers dollars on Nana Ama Mcbrown
- Auditor General indicts former Nhyieso MP over failure to recover ¢500k of Assembly’s Common Fund
- Defence and Finance Ministers to answer questions in Parliament over Presidency’s hiring of private jet for foreign travels
- ‘I miss living life with you’ – T. B. Joshua’s wife marks his 58th birthday
- One of 2 robbers who attacked and robbed motorist on Fiesta Royale-GIMPA stretch arrested
- TUTAG to proceed with strike action despite NLC order
- There’s no law that compels a woman to adopt her husband’s name after marriage – Legal expert
- GPL wrap: Hearts extend lead at top, King Faisal climb out of relegation zone
- #FixTheCountry: Leave social media, come and plant trees – Oti Regional Minister to campaigners
Live updates: Appointments Committee resumes vetting of Deputy Ministers-designate
Euros On MGL: Spain v Sweden betting preview
Effutu paramount chief cautions trespassers against reserved lands
Euros On MGL: Poland v Slovakia betting preview
Euros On MGL: Scotland v Czech Republic betting preview
Ghana set to produce its own vaccine – Presidential Advisor on Health
Livestream: Day 9 – Appointments Committee vets Thomas Mbamba, Abdulai Abanga and 2 others
We are working with Political authorities to get Hudson-Odoi- GFA president
Nii Marmah Boye: Security at GIMPA; What the school must do
Auditor General indicts KMA for using Assembly’s Common Fund to pay judgment debt
Use digital platforms to reduce paper usage – Ursula
FixTheCountry case adjourned over late filing of documents
Playback: Foreign Minister to address the nation on Ghana’s election to UN’s Security Council, 59th ECOWAS meeting
Asantehene commends board and management of ADB for refocusing on its core mandate
GRA optimistic of addressing automation tax payment challenges by July