‘Sugarcane’ hitmaker Camidoh has earned a spot in the 2023 BET Awards.
The Ghanaian singer has been nominated in the Viewer’s Choice: Best New International Act category.
He will be competing Werenoi from France, FLO from the UK, Libianca from Cameroon, Raye from the UK, Maureen from France, MC Ryan SP from Brazil, Paris Cooper from South African and Asake from Nigerian for this award.
Camidoh gained international prominence when when he released the remix of ‘Sugarcane’ which featured Mayorkun and Darkoo in 2022.
After topping various international music charts, he won Afrobeats Song of the Year and Best International Collaboration with ‘Sugarcane’ remix at the 2023 Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
The BET Awards is an American award show that was established in 2001 by the Black Entertainment Television network to celebrate black entertainers and other minorities in music, film, sports and philanthropy.
Some Ghanaian artistes that have either been nominated or have won BET Awards in the past are Kojo Antwi, D Black, Sarkodie, R2bees, Stonebwoy, Fuse ODG, MzVee, Kwesi Arthur and Black Sherif.
- Fuse ODG gets romantic in new single; releases ‘3eak a.m (Waistline)’
- Kotoko is building, so fans should be patient and support – Emmanuel Agyemang-Badu
- ‘Cannabis muffins’ given to 90 schoolchildren in South Africa
- Limited Voter Registration: EC assures all eligible voters will be registered
- Ghana’s economy not yet on a recovery path – Prof. Mensah insists
- Over 5,000 people benefit from free health screening by Lifetime Wells Vision
- We needed someone to get us goals, and Mohammed Kudus did – West Ham boss David Moyes
- Stop lecturing us, Guinea junta leader tells West
- PAC’s order to MMDAs to stop engaging our services is unfortunate and surprising – Zoomlion
- Over 350 farmers receive 53,000 tree crop seedlings in Sekyere Kumawu District
- ‘Things have deteriorated’ – E.L spotted at #OccupyJulorBiHouse protest Day 2
- Akufo-Addo was not sincere with Ghanaians in his self-assessment of fighting corruption – Domelevo
- Tunisia arrests cartoonist for drawings mocking PM
- Missing Nigerian journalist found dead in pit
- Don’t disenfranchise persons with disabilities – Ghana Federation of Disability to EC