Managing Director of Consolidated Bank Ghana (CBG) Daniel Wilson Addo has been awarded for his contribution to the growth and development in the banking sector.
He was also recognised for providing excellent banking services in Ghana at the Ghana Development Awards which took place at the Marriott Hotel on September 12, 2020.
The second edition of the award which is usually held every four years was organised by The Business Executive Limited in Accra.
The award is organised with the aim of recognising hardworking institutions and personalities within the public and private sectors who have contributed to the development of the country and the economy.
In a brief remark, a delegation from the bank who received the award on behalf of Mr. Addo thanked the organizers of the awards.
“It is with great pride we receive this award on behalf of our Managing Director and thank you for the recognition given him for something he is passionate about, making a business grow and viable.’’
Adding that “At CBG, our brand promise is ‘We Stand With You’ and this is evident in the work of Daniel, hence this award.
Daniel Addo upon receiving the plague and certificate has dedicated the award to the many well-meaning customers and stakeholders of CBG who believed in CBG from the very beginning till date.
“Our cherished customers and stakeholders are the reason we are a solid bank. Our brand promise to customers is absolute.’’
The Managing Director of CBG has steered the bank from inception to one of the top banks in Ghana, having put in place adept people, technology and processes that meet Bank of Ghana regulations, as well as international standards.
The bank offers banking solutions that appeal to all, coupled with commendable customer service delivery and a 24/7 Contact Centre having recently gone digital with USSD *924#.
As a bank committed to standing with all, it significantly contributes to various CSR activities for socio-economic developments in Ghana.
With over twenty-four years’ extensive experience in banking, Daniel Wilson Addo has worked with many banks in and outside Ghana and has contributed significantly to the growth of the banking industry in Ghana.
He has served in several roles in Standard Chartered Bank, United Bank for Africa (UBA) and First Atlantic Bank Limited.
At different times he was Deputy Managing Director of UBA Ghana, Managing Director of UBA Tanzania and Executive Director of First Atlantic Bank.
He has been involved in a bank start-up and two bank turnarounds. With his strategic insights and execution, he delivers on exceptional business growth to create value.
Mr Addo has been very instrumental in building trust in Ghana’s banking sector and under his leadership, Consolidated Bank has made significant strides in two years.
- Armed police officers and soldiers clash in Accra central as traders run for their lives
- Speaker slams Kamala Harris’ take on LGBTQ+ in Ghana, calls out Akufo-Addo
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- U-23 AFCON 2023Q: Ghana seals qualification with victory over Algeria
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Ashanti Region records 181 maternal mortality in 2022
- Ghana Airlines will be operational by June this year – Transport Minister
- Africa should focus on digital economy and innovation – Kamala Harris
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Kamala Harris hails immense impact of medical drone delivery in Ghana
- Black Stars team manager clarifies André Ayew teamsheet error against Angola
- Kamala Harris in Ghana: The US Vice President and the arts
- There’s still political interference in Ghana’s chieftaincy institution – Akyem Bosome Omanhene
- Old boy, DRW donate laptops to Mfantsipim
- Kamala Harris announces over $1bn investment into economic empowerment of women in Africa
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Learn from past DFIs in order to avoid repeating mistakes – CBG MD to DBG
- “Next big thing for Ghana” – Asamoah Gyan lauds Ernest Nuamah after Algeria outing
- Kudus is the kind of player fans buy tickets to see – Ajax coach
- I was humbled when Shatta Wale worked with me for free – Basketmouth