CEO Network Ghana has made a second donation of GH₵ 150,000 to the Covid-19 National Trust Fund.
The donation forms part of a targeted sum of one million Ghana cedis it is raising to support the national fight against Covid-19.
In a brief presentation ceremony at the Jubilee House, founder and chief executive of the network, Ernest De-Graft Egyir reminded the Trustees that “The Network has already donated GH₵200, 000, so this second donation brings the total contribution to GHC 350,000.”
He further assured that they will return to augment their contribution.
Receiving the donation, Chairperson of the Board of Trustees of the National Covid-19 Trust Fund, Justice Sophia Akuffo expressed gratitude to the Network and its member CEOs for their benevolence.
Justice Akuffo revealed that the initial expectation of the Trustees was that they were going to round up their work within a relatively short period.
However, they have realised that the needs are enormous and would require further assistance from the public.
The donations constitute the second phase of the network’s campaign dubbed “CEO Covid-19: Stop the Spread.”
The first part of the campaign was a preventive and proactive call urging topmost CEOs, government officials, diplomats, board directors and leaders to step up and lead boldly to ensure that the nation overcomes the scourge of the virus in the shortest possible time.
The donation to the fund is the second phase of the network’s campaign.
The CEO Network is a coalition of over 200 business leaders that connect with the purpose of improving and promoting good business and professional ethics.
Every year, the network and its partners organize Ghana’s foremost business conference, Ghana CEO Summit. The 5th edition of the summit will be launched when the nation reins in the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Agyinasare says he has no intention to cast a slur on Nogokpo and Voltarians
- Peter Nanfuri’s name will be written in gold in Ghana’s history – Akufo-Addo eulogizes former IGP
- NPP group in Ashanti angry with Napo over his ‘anti-party’ comments
- Social media reacts to Bawumia’s ‘One student, One laptop’ announcement
- Playback: Akufo-Addo addressed Ghanaians on Covid-19, IMF
- Akufo-Addo to address nation on Covid-19 fight, IMF deal tonight
- ‘This too has passed’ – Akufo-Addo on Covid-19 pandemic
- Stop insulting citizens if you want to be president again – Nana Akomea tells Mahama
- Don’t join NPP if you don’t believe in ‘Development in freedom’ motto – Pianim
- IMF bailout won’t immediately end Ghana’s difficulties – Akufo-Addo
- Government is resolute to ensure all-inclusive access to education – Bawumia
- New parliament: PM Modi inaugurates building amid opposition boycott
- Period poverty: ‘I don’t want anyone else to use rags for sanitary pads’
- How prosperity fuels dowry demand in India
- US debt ceiling deal ready for Congress vote, Joe Biden says
- Erdogan hails election victory but Turkey left divided
- Covid was not a cover-up for corruption – Akufo-Addo
- Sanitary pads should be tax-free; not menstrual luxury – Rosetta Ntriwaah Boakye
- Venice Biennale: The woman behind the whirlwind festival
- betPawa PL: Medeama go four points clear; Hearts of Oak lose against Legon Cities
- Kamaldeen Sulemana scores twice as Southampton draw with Liverpool
- Leicester suffer Premier League relegation despite win over West Ham
- Leeds United relegated after final day defeat to Tottenham
- Dealing with absenteeism during menstruation; sanitary pad bank to aid girls in Obuasi
- We shall overcome our present economic difficulties- Akufo-Addo