Chadwick Boseman is set to receive yet another posthumous honor, this time as part of the MTV Movie & TV Awards Greatest of All Time special.
The late Black Panther actor is set to be recognized with a Hero for the Ages award, given to a star “whose heroism on-screen was only surpassed by the true hero they were off-screen,” MTV says in its announcement.
Boseman’s fellow Marvel Universe stars Don Cheadle and Robert Downey Jr. are set to present the award.
The Greatest of All Time special, hosted by Vanessa Hudgens, is set to take place in lieu of this year’s edition of the MTV Movie & TV Awards.
The 90-minute special is set to honor memorable moments in film and TV from the ’80s until now and will feature previews of highly anticipated 2021 releases, performances from Sia, Steve Aoki and Travis Barker.
The special is set to be executive produced by MTV’s Bruce Gillmer, Wendy Plaut and Vanessa Whitewolf with Jesse Ignjatovic and Barb Bialkowski on behalf of Den Of Thieves.
The MTV honor comes after it was announced Boseman would posthumously receive the actor tribute at the 2021 Gotham Independent Film Awards, where he’s nominated for best actor for his role in Netflix’s Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom, which will mark his last film performance.
Boseman, who died in August at the age of 43 after a secret battle with colon cancer, had memorable starring roles in films like 42, Get On Up, Marshall, Da 5 Bloods and, of course, as the titular superhero in Black Panther.
- We will not allow any religious group to plunge Ghana into chaos – Muntaka
- Kwabena Agyepong welcomed back to NPP after 6 years suspension
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Manu, who delayed Ghana’s 4x100m baton, had never received one – Coach
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
Akufo-Addo is not against mining, he is helping to improve it – Lands Minister
Pupils travel 3 hours barefoot on muddy road to school in Accra
Military not harassing legal miners – Dominic Nitiwul
2021 Wolves Cup to be launched on Wednesday
Israel: Hamas launches rocket attack on Tel Aviv
Military taskforce deployed to fight illegal mining facing local resistance – Defense Minister
Manchester City win Premier League title after Manchester United lose to Leicester
Soyuncu’s header gives Leicester win at Man Utd to hand Man City title
3 communities in Krachi East Municipality calls on government for portable water
3 police officers, others remanded for alleged secret burial
Decision to reinstate Kwabena Agyepong was unanimous – Freddie Blay
Military fight illegal miners in ‘Operation Halt’
One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
Our scholars in Cuba are broke because they insist on table-top payment – GNPC Foundation