The Black Galaxies of Ghana recovered from their opening day defeat to beat Sudan in their second game at the 2022 African Nations Championship.
Goals from Konadu Yiadom, Daniel Afriyie Barnieh and Seidu Suraj was enough for Ghana as they came back from a goal to win 3-1.
Annor Walker’s side started the game the better side as they created chances but failed to utilise them.
However it was Sudan who got the game’s opening goal with sweet build up from the right side of Ghana’s defence leading to Nooh Al Gozoli putting the Falcons ahead after 31 minutes.
Yiadom then got the equaliser for Ghana as his deflected shot beat the Sudanese goalkeeper to make it 1-1.
After recess, Barnieh won a penalty off the Sudan defence and stepped up to take it himself to give Ghana a deserving lead.
But for the VAR, the FC Zurich signing would have been celebrating a second moments later but his header was ruled out for offside.
The 21-year-old’s evening was ended prematurely as he was shown a red card for a rushed challenged on his marker.
Despite going a man down, the Black Galaxies wrapped up all three points through Suraj who came off the bench to score a third.
The win sees Ghana go get their first three points and go second behind Madagascar who also picked up three points for their game against Morocco.
Madagascar now has six points and face Sudan in their last game while Ghana occupies the second position in Group C.
- I have received calls to stop disconnection exercise – ECG boss
- Bride ‘faints’ briefly as Joe Mettle pops up at her wedding reception
- George Addo Jnr appointed Director of Communications at UK’s Coach Hene Sports Club
- My divorce drew me closer to God – New EC member Rev. Akua Ofori Boateng
- Ato Forson was criminally reckless in ambulance transaction – Attorney General
- Ghana Immigration Service cancels filling of embarkation and disembarkation forms
- IMF bailout to depend on government’s ability to achieve 55% of debt to GDP – Fitch
- Fitch upgrades Ghana’s rating to ‘CCC’
- I was praised for singing Teni’s song in church – New EC member
- Beige Bank case: Nyinaku accused of issuing misleading investment certificates to unsuspecting customers
- AFCON 2023Q: Black Stars host Angola in Chris Hughton’s first game
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- The Weeknd named world’s Most Popular Artist by Guinness World Records
- Don’t approve 5% tax on beverages, widen tax net – Food and Beverage Association tells government
- AG Dame dialogues with UK Deputy PM over criminal justice reform
- Immigration fuels Canada’s largest population growth of over 1 million
- Walking barefoot improves menstrual flow, eyesight, sleep, hypertension, pain, and inflammation
- Jay Bahd is bigger than the ‘Best New Artist’ category – DJ Slim
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Gisele Bundchen says Tom Brady divorce was ‘death of my dream’
- Akufo-Addo’s appointments of NPP activists to EC require amendment of Article 43 – Mahama
- ICC concerned by Russia’s ‘threats’ over Putin warrant
- Why is everyone wearing these cartoonish red boots?
- Ken Ofori-Atta leads delegation to start debt restructuring talks with China
- BBC advises staff to delete TikTok from work phones