The Chartered Insurance Institute of Ghana (CIIG) has held its first webinar on insurance-business continuity and professional development.
This is to help members answer insurance industry-related questions surrounding the Covid-19 pandemic.
The event themed “The Impact of COVID-19 on the Insurance Industry of Ghana; Products, Productivity & Profitability” presented an opportunity for organizations to find ways to adapt to the changes that the pandemic has introduced.
Rev. Asante Marfo-Ahenkora, the President of CIIG, stated that the Institute plans to organize more of such webinars in the spirit of developing the professional competence of members even during these times of the pandemic.
He indicated that the COVID-19 pandemic has brought up many questions which insurers need to find answers to and expressed his believe that the lecture and discussions during the webinar would help the professionals arrive at those answers.
A seasoned Insurance and Marketing professional, and lead consultant of MGA Consulting Gh. Ltd., Michael Abbiw recommended that insurers need to speed up their adoption of technology.
He said this will make it possible for all insurance processes from sales, through underwriting to claims processing to be handled online without the need for face-to-face interactions.
He also admonished the professionals to consider how to introduce new insurance products unto the market which would help address the risks posed by Covid-19 and other similar pandemics.
He continued to reassure the public that Insurance industry is poised and ready to serve them better in these times.
A total of 176 insurance professionals participated in the webinar and the feedback received from them after the program showed that they really appreciated the innovation from the leadership of the CIIG in helping them continue their professional development online.
The CIIG is the professional body of the insurance industry and has membership comprising of insurers, brokers, reinsurers, loss adjustors, surveyors as well as the regulator National Insurance Commission (NIC).
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Organisers of demonstrations must respect the law – Gary Nimako
- Ghana is in a leadership crisis; African leaders lack consciousness – Prof Adu-Gyamfi
- NPP flagbearer race: Bawumia suspends campaign over ongoing limited registration exercise
- Sharaf Mahama celebrates 26th birthday with donation and reading session with kids
- I’m not the 3rd richest man in Ghana – Dr Kwame Addo-Kufuor
- Desist from registering JHS 1 and 2 students for BECE – Public school heads warned
- Bob Menendez steps down as US Senate foreign relations chairman after indictment
- MohBad mourners teargassed at Nigeria’s Lekki toll gate after Lagos concert
- Ethiopian Prince Alemayehu’s lock of hair returned after 140 years in UK
- US senator Bob Menendez charged with bribery after wads of cash and gold bars found at home
- GPL 2023/24: Bofoakwa Tano score late to beat RTU at home
- Sudan war: Army chief Burhan claims he’s ready for peace talks
- Livestream: Newsfile discusses #OccupyJulorbiHouse protest and OSP-Cecilia saga
- Former Bantama MP, Okyem Aboagye dead
- Mahama Ayariga condemns killing of 9 in highway ambush at Pusiga