The body of a child aged around 10 has been found in the undercarriage of plane that had arrived in Paris from Abidjan, sources close to the investigation have told French media.
Air France confirmed that “the lifeless body of a stowaway” was discovered at Charles de Gaulle Airport early in the morning.
The body was found in the well of the landing gear of the aircraft that flew in from Ivory Coast, it said.
An investigation is underway.
“The airline expresses their condolences and deplores this human tragedy,” Air France said in a tweet, without specifying the aged of the person found.
The Air France Boeing 777 had taken off from Abidjan, Ivory Coast’s main city, on Tuesday evening.
An Ivorian security source told the AFP news agency: “Aside from the human drama, this shows a major failing of security at Abidjan airport.”
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- Singer kicks fan for touching her inappropriately
- ‘The system has failed us again’ – Father of 12-year-old who died due to unavailability of ambulance service
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- Police await final report on 2-year-old boy sacrificed by father
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
GOtv launches M-Net Movies Pop-up channel to celebrate African film
Ghana’s democracy is veering into the arena of anarchy and tyranny – Koku Anyidoho
Protect your rich cultural heritage – France Ambassador to Ghana tells Ghanaians
Naomi Campbell, 50, welcomes first child
Bright Philip Donkor: Ejura prison; The Church of Pentecost is a first class cooperate citizen
Residents of Abrokyire carry woman in labour on wooden door due to poor road
Amaliba withdraws as lawyer for Assin North MP
Good governance hinges on the rule of law – NCCE
10 year old boy dies after eating poisoned khebab meant for woman’s ex-lover
My uncle hired dummy National Security operatives to terrorise me – Man recounts
Ex-Doe and I got rich because of our beef – Rapper Chicago
6,000 university staff workers lay down tools
AABN donates 100 copies of entrepreneurship manual to DTI Community Innovation Business Community
EBID Grants $50m facility to Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
I sing from the heart – Kofi Kinaata opens up on songwriting skills