Chinese officials have confirmed that all 132 passengers and crew died when flight MU5735 crashed on Monday in southern China.
The China Eastern flight was flying from Kunming to Guangzhou when it nose-dived and crashed in a heavily-forested area in Guangxi.
Rescue teams said they had identified 120 of the victims so far through DNA analysis, aviation officials said.
State media reported that both black boxes have now been found.
The flight data recorder – which could provide crucial information about why the plane crashed an hour into its journey – was recovered on Saturday.
The first black box has already been sent to Beijing to be inspected by experts, Reuters said. That one is believed to contain the cockpit voice recorder.
Though there had been little hope of finding any survivors, victims’ families have been waiting for news from the search teams, which have been combing the heavily-wooded area for days.
But the search has been difficult in the remote hills near the city of Wuzhou, with rescue teams working in very muddy conditions.
Hu Zhenjiang, deputy director-general of China’s civil aviation administration, said the search would continue for the remains of the victims and parts of plane wreckage, Chinese news website Sina reported.
Aircraft manufacturer Boeing – which made the 737-800 jet – said on Saturday its technical team is supporting the US National Transportation Safety Board and China’s civil aviation administration with the investigation, Reuters reports.
Following the crash, China’s President Xi Jinping called for a full-scale investigation.
The crash is China’s most deadly aviation incident in nearly three decades, and has prompted a national outpouring of grief.
- E-levy has failed to live up to government’s expectation – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- Akufo-Addo’s Minister caught in conflict? – JoyNews investigations
- You can only demonstrate from 8am to 4pm – High Court tells Arise Ghana
- Former NDA CEO accuses successor of doctoring figures, forging his signature in ¢10m fraud case
- Caught in conflict: GII calls for dismissal of Deputy Sanitation Minister
- Photos: Osinachi laid to rest
- ‘I am not against an IMF programme’ – Gabby Otchere-Darko
- ‘AG won’t get any apology from me, I’m ready to meet him in court’ – Ablakwa
- SIM card registration deadline will not be extended – Communications Minister
- Interest payments to rise further as cost of borrowing increases
The e-levy is not the Akobam they promised; it has failed – Dr. Ato Forson
JoyNews’ Prince Appiah, Emmanuel Osei win Best Agriculture Journalism Award in Denmark
85% revenue has been lost due to E-Levy – African Network of Entrepreneurs CEO
KMA desilts Kejetia drains to avert market flooding
Mfantseman Girls’ SHS wins Central Region’s Renewable Energy Challenge
Time to come together and ‘break the 8’ – COKA advises NPP members
Government will withdraw e-levy if it’s not helpful – Kwaku Kwarteng
Don’t start a conversation about the e-levy failing; it’s unacceptable – Kwaku Kwarteng tells the media
Let go of ’empty pride’, seek support from IMF – Dr. Ato Forson to government
Arise Ghana hit the street today to protest worsening economic conditions
University of Energy and Natural Resources host chemistry festival
Nancy Sam appointed new Tourism Ambassador for Miami-Dade County
Ofori-Atta has not indicated need to seek economic support from IMF – Oppong Nkrumah
Playback: PM Express discuss the struggling E-levy
Arise Ghana appeals High Court ruling on protest