Coach of the National U-23 Male team, Paa Kwesi Fabin, has named a provisional squad for two international friendly matches against Japan.
The 27-man squad will begin camping later this month to prepare for the friendly games against their Japanese counterparts in Tokyo on June 4 and June 8.
Key Players from the squad were picked from the team that won the 2021 CAF U-20 Africa Cup of Nations earlier this year in Mauritania. The players have graduated to the U-23 team in line with the GFA’s transitional policy.
Japan will use the games to prepare for the Olympic Games Football competition which takes place during the summer.
Coach Fabin on the other hand sees the game as an opportunity to assess players for Ghana’s upcoming assignments.
Below is Provisional U-23:
Goalkeepers: William Essu(Vision FC), Richmond Ayi (Hearts of Oak), Richard Baidoo ( Karela FC)
Centre Backs: Frank Assinki (HB Koge, Denmark), Yussif Mubarik (Asante Kotoko), Kobina Amoah (Golden Kick SC), Frank Amoabeng (Audace Cerignola, Italy), Abdul Mumin(Guimaraes, Portugal)
Left Backs: Samuel Ashie Quaye (Great Olympics), Ibrahim Moro (Asante Kotoko)
Right Backs: Uzair Alhassan (Tamale Utrecht), Benson Annang (Zilina, Slovakia)
Midfielders: Samuel Agyepong(WAFA), Yaw Yeboah (Krakow, Poland), Issah Hudu(Liberty Professionals), Augustine Boakye (WAFA), Patrick Mensah (Heart of Lions), Emmanuel Essiam (Berekum Chelsea), Jonah Attuquaye (Legon Cities)
Left Wingers: Osman Bukari (KAA Gent, Belgium), Maxwell Abbey Quaye(Great Olympics), Salifu Ibrahim (Hearts of Oak)
Right wingers: Anim Cudjoe (Legon Cities), Joselpho Barnes ( Schalke)
Forwards: Percious Boah (Dreams FC), Afriyie Banieh Daniel (Hearts of Oak), Adu-Boffour Kwame Poku (Colchester Utd), Frimpong Boateng (King Faisal), Samuel Boakye (Eleven Wonders), Diawusie Taylor (Karela FC), Kwame Peprah (King Faisal)
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Asking Special Prosecutor to quit over ‘frustrations’ wrong – Domelevo
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Current Assets Declaration Law is a joke – Domelovo
- Africa World Airlines marks 11th anniversary with exciting passenger rewards and expansion drive
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Roads blocked as protesters march towards Jubilee House
- Cedi remains relatively stable since February 2023; Y-T-D depreciation to dollar stands at 22.5%
- LaLiga: Barcelona beat Celta Vigo after dramatic comeback
- Premier League: Calvert-Lewin helps Everton end winless start against Brentford
- Premier League: Ten-man Man City beat Nottingham Forest despite Rodri red card
- Ghanaian musicians die paupers; GHAMRO, MUSIGA are a mess – D-Black
- #OccupyJulorbiHouse: Policeman sits on the floor to plead with demonstrators to unblock roads
- Cecilia Dapaah case: Let’s tread cautiously as investigations continue – Domelevo
- UEFA awards Mohammed Kudus’ second goal to him after initially declaring it own goal against Backa Topola
- Cecilia Dapaah case: People must guard against contempt in commentary – Gary Nimako
- The Career Trail: Quitting banking for jewellery business; Ella Cadie’s bold career shift
- I’ll release audio recording of Kan Dapaah’s $1m offer to silence me – Barker-Vormawor