Parliament on Tuesday, October 25, 2021, resumed from recess.
This is the third meeting of the first session of the Eighth Parliament.
The House house is expected to sit for 9 weeks. During this period, a total of 56 bills are expected to be considered.
Among the tall list of bills are; the Promotion of Proper Human Sexuality and Ghanaian Family Values Bill, 2021, the Criminal Offences (Amendment) Bill, 2021 and the Office of the Special Prosecutor (Amendment) Bill, 2021 that have already been laid in Parliament and referred to various committees for consideration and report.
In light of this, Emefa Apawu will host MP for Asawase and Minority Chief Whip, Muntaka Mubarak on today’s edition of ‘The Probe‘ to probe activities of the House during the current session.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- Government should have called a national meeting before announcing 0.5% compensation reduction -Labour expert
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- From Eric’s Diary: A scammer’s hi
- Pensioner Bondholders to resume picketing on Thursday
- Member of Parliament Mustapha Ussif donates ambulance to Yizesi community
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- Build and entrench Ghana’s own policy credibility without IMF anchor – IEA to current and future governments
- We’re sorry for obnoxious statements about Christianity in history textbook – Ghana Authors & Publishers
- Luv Fm leads sanitary pad donation to girls in Amansie Central District
- Eastern Region: FDA steps up training for packaged water producers
- Renowned Economist Dr. Joe Abbey is dead
- UK Minister commits to supporting green finance across Africa
- Cues and Lyrics: TM Musiq adjudged judges’ favourite; Udiene goes home
- Prohibition of dividend payments by banks could last for 2 years – Senior Finance Lecturer
- ‘Let’s deepen TVET training to create employment’ – Ignatius Baffour Awuah