A Kumasi Circuit Court has sentenced a 38-year old corn mill operator to nine years imprisonment for defiling a nine-year-old at Fankyenebra in Kumasi.
Kwame Michael pleaded guilty and was convicted on his plea.
Police Chief Inspector Mercy Quaye, prosecuting, told the Court presided over by Comfort Tasiame that on September 26 this year, at about 3:00 pm, the accused, Kwame Michael saw the victim on her way going home after school and called her to his workshop.
He then asked her to fetch some water in an uncompleted building, whilst the girl was there fetching the water, accused went there and defiled her, the prosecutor told the Court.
A witness in the case, who spotted the accused, reported the incident to the victim’s father, Mr Kwaku Abofa and this led to the arrest of the accused the same day.
A police medical form which was given to the victim to seek medical treatment for the girl was returned endorsed by medical officers.
Police Chief Mercy Quaye said in his caution statement, the accused confessed to the offence and was therefore charged and brought before the Court.
- Blunt and Blay: Finding ‘silence’ for Auntie Ohene from uncle Sam’s ‘noise’
- Far from silence, we suffer a culture of noise – Elizabeth Ohene
- NSMQ 2021: PRESEC beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions
- Four charged for violating restrictions on public gathering at Christ Embassy ‘Pneumatica Night’
- Akufo-Addo accepts Kissi Agyebeng’s nomination as Special Prosecutor, seeks Parliamentary approval
- Police secures restraining order against #FixTheCountry protest on May 9
- Seatbelt has saved me 3 times – Alban Bagbin
- Don’t depend on your children when you retire, it’s a “money mistake” – EDC boss
- Our job is to fix problems; we are fixing them – Bawumia
- Playback: NSMQ 2021: Legon PRESEC, Achimota and Odorgonno battle for Greater Accra Regional supremacy
Child shoots three at school, police say
Ban on drumming and noise-making commences on May 10 and ends June 10
GNAT asked to provide affordable housing scheme for teachers
Domestic fires continues to dominate in Upper East Region
Bono Region vaccinates 11,574 people against Covid-19
Parts of Tetteh Quarshie-Madina-Adentan stretch to be temporarily closed
Tristan Thompson takes legal action over Instagram model’s claims
Remind the public we are not in normal times – Oppong Nkrumah tells media
Scrap Appearance Fee and Winning Bonus of Black Stars – Kofi Asafo Adjei
Passing wages and salary policy will curb businesses paying ‘slave salaries’ – Kofi Amoah
All activities in rosewood trade in Ghana are illegal – Inusah Fuseini
CIB begins campaign on new banking code of ethics
I’m working on banning unregistered motorbikes from operating as part of measures to fix Nhyiaeso – MP
We’ll pass on rising cost of fuel, new taxes to consumers – GUTA
More Nigeria students kidnapped in fresh attack after 29 students released