Sureties for former Microfinance and Small Loans Centre (MASLOC) Chief Executive Officer, Sedinam Tamakloe Attionu, risk being hauled by the Economic and Financial Court 2 of the High Court over the obligee’s absence in court.
The Court is also considering charging former GNPC Chief Executive, Alex Kofi Mensah Mould, and former NADMO Boss, Gavivina Tamakloe, with the bail sum of GH¢5 million.
This is because Madam Tamakloe, who is being tried with former Operations Manager of MASLOC, Daniel Azim, for causing financial loss to the state, has failed to appear in court since October 2021.
Mr Azim on the other hand has been in court. The two are facing a total of 78 counts of criminal offences, however, have pleaded not guilty.
The Prosecution believes Madam Tamakloe’s absence is a measure employed so she evades justice.
But her lawyer on Wednesday, February 23, 2022, in court dismissed the assertion. According to Mr Kwasi Agbesi Dzakpasu, Madam Tamakloe is abroad due to health reasons.
Presiding Judge, Afia Serwaa Asare-Botwe, said an application for Forfeiture of Recognizance filed on February 14, 2022, and to be served on the two sureties and an application for Trial in Absentia are pending.
The Prosecution is to take steps to serve the application for Forfeiture on the Sureties. The Court reasoned that before a trial in absentia is initiated, the accused must have by their action, made it impossible to be tried in their presence.
Meanwhile, the Court has scheduled the next hearing for March 10, 2022.
- Debt Exchange: 8 banks highly exposed to government bonds, may be hit hardest – Report
- Minority loses censure motion to dismiss Ofori-Atta
- Developing world faces $2.5trn shock; Ghana behaves like rich sultanate in the gulf – Bloomberg
- Driver’s mate killed, 2 in critical condition in gory accident at Gomoa Dominase
- Kalybos and I will have a child together if we are still single in 2 years – Ahuofe Patri
- ‘Ajax is getting too small for Mohammed Kudus’ – Inaki Williams
- Censure motion: Majority MPs walk out as Minority members cast vote
- Beautiful photos drop as Mahama’s son and Algerian wife welcome their 1st child
- Woman tracks down the love of her life 40 years after her disapproving family forced her to leave him
- Alan Kyerematen’s campaign song pops up at Kufuor’s 84th birthday bash
- GFA, Saudi Arabian Football Federation sign MoU for mutual benefits
- NLA boss optimistic global lottery institutions leadership will implement resolutions to uphold best practices
- IoD-GH partners BoG to launch National Corporate Governance Code
- UBA Ghana’s Belinda Tinkorang named Corporate Lady of the Year
- Kofi Akpaloo promises to invest $1bn into Ghana football if voted as president
- Gunmen kidnap Nigerian politician’s wife and children
- Reality zone with Vicky Wireko: Pallbearers – wherein lies the attraction?
- Charles Cardinal: Food production in Ghana; The case of one-vilage-one-dam
- American rapper The Game to feature Jay Bahd in new track
- Kofi Kinaata’s ‘Made in Taadi’ 2022 edition cancelled
- 1$ now ¢12.80
- ‘People appreciate the way I dress and look all the time’ – Ceccy Twum
- Brittney Griner lands in US after prisoner swap with Russia
- Support government to revive economy – Labour unions urged
- ‘2022 World Cup was a nice experience’ – Baba Rahman