An artiste manager, Lawrence Nana Asiamah Hanson, popularly known as Bulldog, has been fined GH¢48,000 by an Accra Circuit Court for threatening President Akufo-Addo on TV.
A report by Graphic Online states that Bulldog was found guilty of offensive conduct conducive to the breach of the peace.
The court presided over by Evelyn Asamoah, fined the manager. Bulldog’s failure to pay the fine will land him in prison for 40 days.
However, Bulldog said he wanted to appeal to the President’s conscience to help the customers of Menzgold and not to threaten the President.
Meanwhile, Graphic Online reported that the judge, in her sentence, noted that considering the gravity of his words, Bulldog could not have had the intention of appealing to the President’s conscience.
She stated that the artiste manager’s words could have serious security implications as it put the President in danger.
In January 2021, Bulldog was arrested by the National Intelligence Bureau (NIB) for the comments he made on UTV’s United Showbiz about the President.
Bulldog was said to have said on the programme that, “the President will not finish his tenure and that he will run away if he failed to pay customers of Menzgold their deposits.”
Charged with “offensive conduct, conducive to breaches of the peace,” he pleaded not guilty.
The judge, Evelyn Asamoah, admitted Hanson to bail in the sum of GH¢70,000 with three sureties, two of whom are to be public servants.
But after two years of trial, Bulldog was found guilty by the court.
- ECG releases load shedding timetable for March 30 to April 7
- TikToker Ahuofe ‘Ghana Tupac’ dead
- Chief of Mujipe shot dead, son in critical condition
- Social media users react to TikToker Ahoufe’s death
- Larabanga Accident: Level 200 student dead, 3 others in critical condition
- BoG denies introduction of ¢500 coin, note
- Where’s the so-called excess capacity? – John Jinapor quizzes government over load shedding timetable
- We will resume picketing if government fails to honour payment in 2-weeks – Pensioner bondholders
- Proposed taxes are draconian – Seth Terkper
- Adom FM climaxes Ghana Month celebrations with splendid cultural durbar
- We need a hospital built purposely for Members of Parliament – Henry Quartey
- North Dayi District Assembly committed to improving livelihoods of PwDs – DCE
- High Court issues bench warrant for Savelugu MP
- Enterprise Group PLC appoints Keli Gadzekpo as Group Chairman
- We hope our colleagues will help pass the 3 tax measures – Oppong Nkrumah
- Justice system has not worked for Gyakye Quayson, Assin North constituents – Mahama
- Oscar Pistorius parole bid collapses in South Africa
- This Saturday on Newsfile
- Health officer in court for allegedly defiling two teenagers at Nkwanta
- Gbewaa College incurs over GHȻ7k debt weekly to feed teacher trainees – Principal
- GAEC partners EU, IAEA UNICRI to fight organised criminal activities
- What are we on earth for? – Henry Quartey mourns death of Kumawu MP
- Online safety: Fund seeks applicants for grant awards
- Music producer Kaywa loses mother
- The Multimedia Group’s Adom brand ends Ghana month with colourful cultural display