A creative director in Nigeria took social media users by surprise when he shared photos of his new model taken during a project.
The twist was the model, called Ali Olakunmi, was not the initial choice his team was going with. He was a homeless man whom they chose to do the shoot with while waiting for the first model they had booked.
However, after seeing the photos some users were stunned Ali was a homeless man with many saying he looked like he has been modelling for a long time.
I thought he was a model at first glance, he’s a natural 😍😍😍— MartinLutherQueen (@MadQueenLady) April 2, 2021
I hope this is an open door for him and that he’ll take it and make his life better.
That scowl on his face and natural disinterest is the classic Agbero or street boy’s look. He didn’t have to practice it. His guys will be over the moon now with happiness. I am sure they are already telling him ‘Ali, ma gbagbe awon tie o, konjeun lo ko de fi le awon boys o, Agba— Olaide A. Omideyi (@OmideyiOlaide) April 2, 2021
The Creative Director, only known as Afolabi took to his handle to explain how he discovered this homeless man.
“I had a shoot today at Ikeja, while we were waiting for the model to arrive, we decided to meet with a guy (ALI) who was sleeping under the bridge to model for us,” he wrote.
In a video that was gone viral, Ali was seen sleeping on some rocks next to a rail line under a bridge along with one other.
When he was asked if he could take the job, he nodded. Afolabi stated that his team including a stylist, a designer and a photographer styled Ali for the shoot.
How it happened pic.twitter.com/5ZVe6gfTpb— Your Landlord 🇳🇬 (@OgaLandlord_) April 5, 2021
“I would like to believe that Ali was born for this. His pose, his body structure and his skin tone were perfect,” Afolabi added.
I had a shoot today at ikeja, while were waiting for the model to arrive,we decided to meet with a guy(ALI) who was sleeping under the bridge to model for us . I would like to believe that Ali was born for this . His pose , his body structure and his skin tone was perfect. pic.twitter.com/3Dat0A9j9v— AL (@afolabi_lagos) April 1, 2021
See more comments below:
- One feared dead, several others injured after accident at Legon underpass
- Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah allegedly picked up by National Security operatives
- Leadership crisis at Ghana Rugby: Chairman Herbert Mensah suspended indefinitely, set to be removed from office on June 8
- Former British High Commissioner to Ghana, Craig Murray jailed for contempt in the UK
- SALL kicks against EC’s decision to amend C.I. for them to vote in 2024
- Ghana drops to 95th in 2021 World Happiness ranking
- Fire guts new Kejetia Market
- NSMQ 2021: Tamasco and 3 others secure tickets to Accra on day one of Northern Regional qualifiers
- Dr Mavis Owureku Asare: Wesley Girls’ no fast policy is not about religion
- Chinua Achebe’s ‘Things Fall Apart’, ‘No Longer at Ease’ and ‘Arrow of God’ are being adapted for television
Dr Prince Hamid Armah: Exploring Akufo-Addo’s commitment to education; Policy, spending, and outcomes
Politicisation of security agencies a major problem – Sam George
Museveni takes oath for 6th term
Ghana has not done enough to get girls out of the streets – Development consultant
China’s population grows to 1.41 billion people
Uganda deploys troops ahead of Museveni inauguration
Banks cannot be blamed for not accepting new Voter ID cards – Association of Bankers
9-year-old boy dies after being ‘struck by lightning’ on football field
Citi FM journalist, Caleb Kudah released from National Security custody
Don’t shake your car when fueling – Transport Consultant
Today’s front pages: Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Worlasi releases song for #FixTheCountry campaign
Senior veep of Zipline Africa lauds Ghana for setting pace in adoption of medical drone technology
PFAG trains Farmers at Fumbisi in bush fire prevention
Cape Coast airport to be completed before end of second term – Transport Minister assures