Black Galaxies midfielder, David Abagna Sandan, has joined Sudanese side, Al Hilal, from betPawa Ghana Premier League outfit, Real Tamale United.
Abagna has signed a four-year deal with the club which will see him stay with Al Hilal until 2027.
The midfielder makes the move to Sudan after a brilliant individual campaign at the 2022 African Nations Championship (CHAN) where he won the Man of the Match award in Ghana’s second group game.
Abagna featured in all of Ghana’s games at the tournament as they suffered a quarterfinal exit at the expense of Niger on Saturday, January 28.
The move sees the 24-year-old join Al Hilal’s squad for the 2022/23 CAF Champions League campaign, where they are housed in the same group as Al Ahly and Mamelodi Sundowns.
He scored nine goals and provided three assists in 16 appearances for RTU last season and has three goals in eight outings this campaign.
The midfielder will join former Asante Kotoko midfielder, Imoro Ibrahim, who joined the club prior to the start of the new season.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Ghanaian achieves outstanding results in global Finance and Accounting exam
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Leila Djansi’s mentee in UNESCO/Netflix project releases movie
- Nana Ansah Kwao IV apologises to Ghanaian youth
- Kelvyn Boy endorses Joy Prime’s Cues & Lyrics music reality show
- Playback: PM Express discuss whether US is interfering in the passage of anti-LGBTQI bill
- No individual can take credit for NPP government projects – Kpando MCE
- Akan chiefs wield authority, not power – Ansah Kwao IV
- My lost hand became my motivation – First youngest Ghanaian Pure Math Professor
- And LPG flames its furnaces; the most potent third force?
- Education Ministry assures to fix all SHS infrastructural challenges
- I’ll be retiring from stand-up comedy in 5 years – Basketmouth
- Criminalising attempted suicide does more harm to society than good – Bernard Ahiafor
- Here is why Ghana’s plan to push ‘pedal power’ appears doomed to failure
- Ghanaian youth entering into entrepreneurial roles commendable – CARDIFF ANALYTICA CEO
- MTN Ghana cut digital sod for ICT hub construction
- Parliament’s Education Committee to investigate UG’s refusal to reinstate Commonwealth Hall residents