Ghanaian champions Asante Kotoko lost 2-0 to Al-Hilal Omdurman on Tuesday evening in their first pre-season game in Sudan at the Al Hilal Stadium.
The Sudanese champions scored at either half of the game to pin the Ghanaian champions on the day.
The hosts took the lead 42 minutes into the game through Lamine Jarjou who picked on Kotoko’s loose marking at the back to score from the centre of the box.
The Porcupine Warriors went into the break a goal down to the 29-time Sudan champions.
After the break, Kotoko came in and probed for an equalizer which never came. Al-Hilal found a second in the 91st minute.
Khater Awad found the second for the “People’s Club” to wrap up the 2-0 win.
It was the first time Richard Boadu, who was announced as the new captain of Asante Kotoko earlier in the day, led the team out on the pitch.
Meanwhile, former Asante Kotoko left-back Ibrahim Imoro also captained A-Hilal from the start.
The two sides will square off again on Friday, August 26 in a second encounter.
- Mohammed Kudus not eligible to play at 2023 U-23 AFCON
- Fuel prices to fall between 2% and 9% from April 1
- MP dies after hit-and-run motorcycle crash
- The stories of slavery must be told – US Vice President after visiting Cape Coast Castle
- Social media reacts to Bagbin’s rant on Kamala Harris and Akufo-Addo’s LGBTQ+ comments
- Ernest Kobeah pulls out of NDC flagbearership race
- Students have still not reported to school despite free SHS – Ashanti Region GES
- I am in charge – Bagbin tells Akufo-Addo over anti-LGBTQ+ bill
- Take care of yourself, you would be replaced when you die – Speaker to MPs
- #NanaAt79 trends as Ghanaians celebrate Akufo-Addo on his birthday
- Aluminium downstream industry has huge economic potential – Abu Jinapor
- Steps to establish Ghana’s Integrated Aluminium Industry on course – Lands Minister
- Stonebwoy unveils tracklist and cover art for upcoming album ‘5th Dimension’
- Basketmouth opens up on struggles early on in comedy career
- ECG to disconnect Ho Teaching Hospital, Ho Municipal Hospital over arrears
- Video: How man used bare hands to rescue trapped gold miners in DR Congo
- McDan’s Salt Company disconnected from national grid over GH¢300k debt
- How climate change impact on fisheries is pushing artisanal fishers into IUU fishing in Ghana
- Ashanti Region records 181 maternal mortality in 2022
- Ghana Airlines will be operational by June this year – Transport Minister
- Africa should focus on digital economy and innovation – Kamala Harris
- Parliament decriminalises attempted suicide
- Kamala Harris hails immense impact of medical drone delivery in Ghana
- Black Stars team manager clarifies André Ayew teamsheet error against Angola
- Kamala Harris in Ghana: The US Vice President and the arts