The National Orgainser of the ruling National Democratic Congress (NDC), Mr Boateng-Gyan has issued a stern warning to anybody or group of persons planning to disrupt the party’s July 8 Presidential primary to shelve their plans or face the consequences thereof.
Abdul Malik Kweku Baako, editor-in-chief of the New Crusading Guide newspaper, claimed on Peace FM Wednesday that he had credible information to the effect that a contending faction in the flagbearership race was planning to transport Agents Provocateur to the congress to disrupt the vote-counting process so the contest would end in a stalemate.
However, Mr Boateng-Gyan, who was contributing to discussions on Peace FM’s Kokrokoo Thursday, said the party had prepared well to foil any attempt by anyone to foment trouble during the congress.
He explained that since President Mills – one of the candidates – was the sitting president of the country, the security services whose duty it was to protect him would be fully deployed at the congress grounds in Suyani to ensure that nothing untoward happened.
The National Organiser added that the party had made arrangements for all delegates as well as media persons to be provided with accreditation before they would be allowed into the congress grounds.
Therefore, he warned that all persons who would troop to the grounds without proper accreditation would not be allowed to the congress grounds.
Story by Dorcas Efe Mensah/myjoyonline.com/Ghana
- Veteran actor Ekow Blankson has passed on
- Gabby Otchere-Darko hangs out with Arsenal players after win over Spurs
- I am not into galamsey – Chairman Wontumi
- Akufo-Addo directs SIGA Boss to probe infractions in 2021 Auditor General’s report
- I don’t feel sabotaged – ECG MD on credit purchase challenges
- National Security arrests Imam for having links to jihadist group
- I broke down after old tweets resurfaced – KiDi
- ‘Task Ofori-Atta to seek help from Seth Tekper in addressing our economic miseries’ – Gyampo to Akufo-Addo
- Cedi loses 40% value to dollar in nine months of 2022; places 147th position in world – Bloomberg
- Sam George deletes Facebook post about alleged attack on ECG system
- ECG’s IT department resisting checks and balance moves by the MD – Kwadwo Poku
- Pakistan floods: ‘It’s like fighting a war with no end’
- Do not bastardise ECG’s IT department for technical hitch – John Jinapor
- Cost of mental healthcare up; Mental Health Authority helpless
- JICA organises third seminar on construction technology for Ghanaian engineers
- Forty Under 40 awards: Xodus Communications Limited releases full list of winners
- North Korea fires ballistic missile over Japan
- ECG vendors should have been made to work round the clock to address challenges – Kofi Kapito
- Forty Under 40: WhiteChalk CEO wins Event Management and Planner of the Year
- Aluu 4: Ten years from the lynching that shocked Nigeria
- Sunyani West residents outraged over deplorable roads
- COCOBOD secures US$1.13billion to purchase cocoa
- Akonta Mining Limited has no permit to undertake any mining operations in Tano Nimiri Forest Reserve – Minerals Commission
- Celebrities mourn Ekow Blankson
- Pro-Alan groups step up efforts to win Ashanti NPP