The National Communications Officer of the opposition National Democratic Congress (NDC), Sammy Gyamfi has ordered all officials of the party to refrain from commenting on all the allegations made by the National Democratic Party (NDP).
This comes after the NDP at a press conference accused the NDC leadership of exploiting the death of former President Jerry John Rawlings to garner sympathy votes.
NDP, which is being led by former First Lady, Nana Konadu Agyeman-Rawlings, accused the flagbearer of the NDC, John Mahama, and some of the leaders of shedding crocodile tears after they disrespected Mr. Rawlings whilst he was alive.
The NDP also alleged that on several occasions, the NDC tried to turn the supporters of the party against its own founder.
But Mr. Gyamfi, in the directive issued to all NDC communicators and officials on Monday said the allegations leveled against the party are meant to distract them from propagating their campaign policies as the election draws near.
“Under no circumstance, should any communicator or party official comment on the content of the NDP’s presser,” he warned.
“Let’s focus on propagating the superior policies and programmes that John Mahama and the party have for Ghanaians.
“Also, let’s focus our energies on amplifying the stinking Agyapa scandal, Martin Amidu’s resignation and death threats on his life and other corruption and nepotistic scandals being supervised by President Akufo-Addo,” he said.
Find his press release below:
ATTENTION; ALL NDC COMMUNICATORS AND OFFICIALS
23rd November, 2020
All communicators and officials of the NDC across the 16 regions of Ghana, are hereby directed, not to comment on the press conference held this afternoon by the NDP, which is intended to divert our attention from the stinking Agyapa scandal, Martin Amidu’s resignation and matters arising from same.
Under no circumstance, should any communicator or party official, comment on the content of the NDP’s presser.
Let’s focus on propagating the superior policies and programs that John Mahama and the party have for Ghanaians. Also, let’s focus our energies on amplifying the stinking Agyapa scandal, Martin Amidu’s resignation and death threats on his life, and other corruption and nepotistic scandals being supervised by President Akufo Addo.
The Victory of the NDC is coming again. Let’s remain focus. Thank you.
SAMMY GYAMFI Esq.
National Communications Officer
- Russia ‘will bomb any country that arrests Putin’ – Former Russian president
- Afenyo-Markin pleads for confirmation of ministerial nominees
- AFCON 2023Q: Antoine Semenyo nets last-ditch winner as Black Stars beat Angola
- Social media reacts to Afena-Gyan’s rejection of Black Meteors call-up
- Ghana v Angola: Jordan Ayew, Kudus start as Chris Hughton era begins
- Ashaiman invasion: We have been commended for ridding town of criminals – DG of Armed Forces Public Affairs
- Funny Face opens up on relationship with Emmanuel Adebayor
- Ghana power firms reject move to restructure $1.4bn debt
- Cedi improves in value against dollar; $1 now ¢12.40
- Organ-trafficking Nigerian politician, wife found guilty
- Lori Harvey and Damson Idris reportedly split after three month whirlwind romance
- African sport rocked by sexual abuse allegations in DR Congo and Cameroon
- Ministerial nominees: Stalemate persists; Minority determined not to approve – Ablakwa
- Global Economic Challenges: Time is right to see value of insurers – Owusu-Banahene
- Get financing assurances from creditors, partners before Board approval – IMF to Ghana
- Attempts by Bawumia’s supporters to politicise enskinment of new Yagbonwura disrespectful – Joyce Bawah
- Exploring the art of drum making
- Mahama begins 3-day campaign tour of the Western Region today
- Police called to Rihanna’s house after man shows up to propose
- ECG retrieves almost ¢2.5m from 2 defaulting firms in Kumasi
- South Africa opposition vows to ‘protect’ Putin from ICC arrest
- 2023 AFCONQ: Ghana 1-0 Angola: Player Ratings – Partey shines, Mensah struggles
- Ramadan: Nigerians face arrest for ‘eating in public’
- AFCON 2023Q: Benching Andre Ayew was my choice – Chris Hughton
- GSE signs MoU with MIIF to increase listing of mining companies