The Insurance Industry’s stakeholders have unanimously endorsed the appointment of Dr Aaron Issa Anafure by the Commissioner of Insurance, Dr Justice Ofori to steer affairs as the Chairman of the Local Organising Committee of the conference of the Association of Insurance and Reinsurers of Developing Countries (AIRDC).
This conference, originally scheduled to take place in 2020 had to be rescheduled due to the ravaging effects of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The collective decision was taken by the entire industry stakeholders comprising the National Insurance Commission (NIC), the Ghana Insurers Association (GIA), the Insurance Brokers Association of Ghana (IBAG) and the Chartered Insurance Institute of Ghana (CIIG).
The others are Ghana Insurance College (GIC), the Chartered Insurance Ladies Association of Ghana (CILAG), and the National Association of Ghana Insurance Agents (NAGIA). This information has since been communicated to the Headquarters of AIRDC in Manila, Philippines.
Dr Anafure takes over from Rev. Dr Mrs Elizabeth Wyns-Dogbe, the immediate past Managing Director of SICLife Insurance Company Ltd who is still playing a key role to ensure that the Conference is successfully executed.
He is the Managing Director of Quality Life Assurance Company Ltd and a Chartered Insurer of the CII (UK).
Dr Aaron Issa Anafure holds a Diploma from the West African Insurance Institute (WAII), then in Liberia. He is a Fellow of the West African Insurance Institute, Banjul, The Gambia and a Fellow of the CIIG.
Dr Anafure is also a member of the Chartered Institute of Marketing Ghana (CIMG) and a member of the Institute of Directors (Ghana).
He is the current Vice-President of the GIA and the Chairman of the Life Council of the Association.
Aside from his professional background, Dr Anafure holds a Doctorate in Business Administration from the Swiss Management Centre (SMC), Switzerland, specialising in Management and Corporate Governance.
He obtained his Executive Masters in Business Administration in Finance option from the University of Ghana Business School where he also pursued his Bachelor of Science degree in Business Administration (Marketing Option).
Dr Aaron Issa Anafure was a former Chief Executive Officer of SICLife Insurance having moved from the same position in CDH Life Insurance Company Limited.
He has served as a Director on several Boards which include SIC Life Company Limited, SIC Life Savings and Loans Limited as Board Chair, SIC Financial Services Limited, Merchant Bank (UMB), Ghana Insurers Association (GIA) and a member of WAICA Council, member of Association of Insurance and Reinsurers of Developing Countries (AIRDC) and Chairman of UMB Holdings Limited as well as West African Insurance Institute (WAII) Governing Council Banjul.
Dr Aaron Issa Anafure has attended several courses including; Talent Management and Succession Planning, Managerial Leadership, Supervisory Management, Total Customer solutions for Top Management, Strategic Marketing, Comprehensive Technical Life Assurance – India and many more.
During his tenure of office as Chief Executive Officer for SIC Life Insurance Company, he was able to establish SIC Life Shopping Mall which was the first of its kind in the insurance industry. He also established the SIC Life Savings and Loans.
Whilst in SIC Life, he led the company to win the Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIMG) award (Life category) five times and was finally called to the Hall of Fame in 2018.
Dr Aaron Issa Anafure brings a wealth of experience to AIRDC where he had served as a Board Member. The Association headquartered in Manila, Philippines encompasses three Continents – Africa, Asia and Southern America.
- Supreme Court dismisses land ownership claim by Teshie family
- Cattle and sheep easier to control than Nigerians – Buhari
- Ghana branded ambulance found in Dubai in viral video not for sale – National Ambulance Service
- Independent Power Producers reject government bid to restructure $1.58bn debt
- Attorney General asks Speaker to declare Assin North seat vacant
- T-bills auction: Government fails to meet target again; interest rates still surging
- I didn’t insult you – Mahama responds to Nana Akomea
- Legon Cities drag Hearts of Oak into relegation dogfight
- Let’s unite to remove E-levy, Covid-19 levy – Ablakwa urges MPs
- IMF deal: Government to reduce public sector compensations by 0.5%
- Government should have called a national meeting before announcing 0.5% compensation reduction -Labour expert
- Otumfuo destools chief of Asante’s famous Antoa town
- From Eric’s Diary: A scammer’s hi
- Pensioner Bondholders to resume picketing on Thursday
- Member of Parliament Mustapha Ussif donates ambulance to Yizesi community
- Tinubu removes controversial Fuel subsidy in Nigeria
- Build and entrench Ghana’s own policy credibility without IMF anchor – IEA to current and future governments
- We’re sorry for obnoxious statements about Christianity in history textbook – Ghana Authors & Publishers
- Luv Fm leads sanitary pad donation to girls in Amansie Central District
- Eastern Region: FDA steps up training for packaged water producers
- Renowned Economist Dr. Joe Abbey is dead
- UK Minister commits to supporting green finance across Africa
- Cues and Lyrics: TM Musiq adjudged judges’ favourite; Udiene goes home
- Prohibition of dividend payments by banks could last for 2 years – Senior Finance Lecturer
- ‘Let’s deepen TVET training to create employment’ – Ignatius Baffour Awuah