An official of the Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) was last night electrocuted at Kwabenya a suburb of Accra while disconnecting cables on an electricity pole.

The deceased is said to have been working on the cables to restore power to the area.

An eye witness told Joy News the man had come with a team to rectify a fault on one of the high-tension power transmission poles but ended up being electrocuted, probably due to a miscommunication with his colleagues.

According to the witness, the power was off when he started working on the cables but unfortunately the power triggered back and he was electrocuted.

More soon.

Tags: