The Electricity Company of Ghana (ECG) has released a timetable to guide the disruptions in power supply in parts of the Greater Accra Region.
This follows what it says are ongoing system improvement works on the Pokuase Bulk Supply Point.
In a press release, ECG stated that the project will require a complete shutdown of the 330kv transmission line thereby affecting power supply and reliability to the Mallam Bulk Supply Point.
The timetable is expected to kick in on Monday, May 10 to May 17, 2021.
The areas affected have been divided into four groups. Areas in group A include Odorkor, Awoshie, Abeka Lapaz, Sowutuom, Ablekuma New Town, Opeikuma, Lamptey Mills and others.
Group B includes Mallam, Gbawe, Bortianor Red Top, Lower McCarthy, Bubuashie, Abossey Okai, Mataheko, Dansoman and others.
Areas in Group C include Sakaman, MacCarthy Hill, Tetegu, Melcom Plus Industrial Area, Amasaman, Pokuase, Banana Inn and others.
Group D also has Odorkor, Mamprobi, Taifa, Ofankor, Kokrobite, CMB Flats among others.
According to CEO of ECG, Agyemang Budu who had announced the creation of the timetable, the scheduled outages will be rotated to minimize the impact on the affected areas.
“We are coming out with a planned schedule whereby the affected areas are grouped into four. We have done it in such a way that no single customer will see the outage throughout the eight days,” he revealed.
He added, “we will see probably a 12-hour outage in the day time and then in three days we’ll have another outage at night.”
- 5 feared dead, 15 injured in accident on Accra-Tema motorway
- Blunt and Blay: Finding ‘silence’ for Auntie Ohene from uncle Sam’s ‘noise’
- Woman allegedly murders elder sister over a piece of land
- Far from silence, we suffer a culture of noise – Elizabeth Ohene
- Claims of fasting affecting health unfounded – Islamic Medical Association, Ghana
- Over 200 police personnel deployed to enforce mining directives across Ghana
- Akufo-Addo accepts Kissi Agyebeng’s nomination as Special Prosecutor, seeks Parliamentary approval
- Trader jailed for impregnating his physically challenged daughter
- NSMQ 2021: Presec beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions
- Playback: NSMQ 2021: Legon PRESEC, Achimota and Odorgonno battle for Greater Accra Regional supremacy
Akufo-Addo’s government has a track record for fixing problems, we will overcome Covid challenges – Bawumia
Students of Obuasi Sec Tech develop smart ballot box
Chieftaincy Ministry condemns ‘Pneumatica Night’; charges police to prosecute leaders over Covid-19 protocols
Cost of getting elected to positions is the root of corruption – Asiedu Nketia
#FixTheCountry: We’ll use the courts to set aside order against May 9 protest – Economic Fighters League
Ahafo Health Director grateful to stakeholders for Covid-19 control
Domestic fires continue to dominate in Upper East Region
UMAT scholarship beneficiaries pay courtesy visit to Yaw Adutwum
Police secures restraining order against #FixTheCountry protest on May 9
National Security Minister meets #FixTheCountry organisers ahead of May 9 protest
#FixTheCountry: Ghana has all markings of a failed state – Sam George
Our job is to fix problems; we are fixing them – Bawumia
NDC has no hand in the #FixTheCountry campaign – Sam George
AIDS continues to be a threat to society – Dr Ayisi Addo
Timing of introduction of petroleum levies poor and may worsen businesses – ACEP