The Education Minister, Dr. Matthew Opoku Prempeh, on Saturday, donated a number of items to the Manhyia Government Hospital in the Asokore Mampong municipality of Ashanti, to support the Covi-19 fight there.
The presentation of the items which included boxes of hand sanitizers, face masks and hand gloves took place at the facility which is located in the Manhyia South, the Constituency Dr. Opoku Prempeh also represents in Parliament.
“The largesse is my personal way of helping to protect the frontline line health workers who are working tirelessly day and night to save human lives in the wake of the spread of the deadly Covid-19 virus in our country,” the Minister said in a remark.
He added that aside motivating the health workers to continue their splendid work, the gesture is also geared towards reminding the health workers that the entire country appreciates their efforts and are solidly behind them physically and spiritually.
He also used the occasion to reiterate the call on Ghanaians that the “Covid-19 virus does have limbs to move; people move it. When we move, the virus moves. Therefore we should adhere to government’s call to stay at home and prevent the spread of the disease.”
Ghana has confirmed 205 Covid-19 cases from which five persons have died and 31 recoveries.
- Final year SHS student allegedly commits suicide at Barkoniaba
- DCOP Opare Addo vows to take action against Delta Force following his attempted forceful removal from office
- We pay ‘big money’ taxes and yet they burn our equipment – XtraGold Mining Company
- Singer kicks fan for touching her inappropriately
- ‘The system has failed us again’ – Father of 12-year-old who died due to unavailability of ambulance service
- NSMQ 2021: Archbishop Porter Girls’ outshines St Augustine SHS to qualify for National championship
- Ayew gives Swansea narrow lead over Barnsley in Championship play-offs
- Police await final report on 2-year-old boy sacrificed by father
- Banks to soon adopt only National ID card as primary source of identification
- Those who created the national security monster have lost control – Kwasi Aning
Protect your rich cultural heritage – France Ambassador to Ghana tells Ghanaians
Naomi Campbell, 50, welcomes first child
Bright Philip Donkor: Ejura prison; The Church of Pentecost is a first class cooperate citizen
Residents of Abrokyire carry woman in labour on wooden door due to poor road
Amaliba withdraws as lawyer for Assin North MP
Good governance hinges on the rule of law – NCCE
10 year old boy dies after eating poisoned khebab meant for woman’s ex-lover
My uncle hired dummy National Security operatives to terrorise me – Man recounts
Ex-Doe and I got rich because of our beef – Rapper Chicago
6,000 university staff workers lay down tools
AABN donates 100 copies of entrepreneurship manual to DTI Community Innovation Business Community
EBID Grants $50m facility to Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited
I sing from the heart – Kofi Kinaata opens up on songwriting skills
AUDA-NEPAD and Ecobank Group partnership moves to finance phase under the 100,000 MSMEs Initiative
“Let’s make Accra work”: Regional Minister and AMA remove illegal structures and encroachers on Graphic Road