Ghana’s country musician, El Tov is set to release a country and alternative songs on Good Friday.
The songs, ‘Roll the Stone’, a mix of poetry and chant, captures the meeting which supposedly took place in heaven before an angel was commanded to roll the stone away from Jesus’ tomb.
The second song, Conquered all, a country, follows up with what the angel told Mary and Mary Magdalene who visited the tomb to finish anointing Jesus’ body.
Before that, El Tov has released the full poem in the song, Roll the stone.
Roll the stone
A meeting was arranged,
Our Lord Jesus among.
He spoke about his reign
Over the earth and man.
A million Lights proclaim
The movements of objects
Within the universe:
Asteroids, the comets.
In you, they are submersed.
The right of elements:
The earth, fire and air.
It’s done, when you were sent.
You’re here, you’re here and there.
Our Lord Jesus Christ speaks
My father’s wish is through.
The journey was no joke.
The verses have come true.
I took away man’s yoke.
He’s free now, forever,
To be best of himself.
To shine like the father,
Unleash the hidden Wealth.
A dozen guards have been
Assigned to watch o’er me.
It’s sad, their hearts are mean.
So soon, they’ll get to see
What I told them before.
That three days I’ll spend
In Hades, and in Shoel,
In might, I shall descend.
Intellect of decay
Was numbed by greater thought.
It had nothing to say.
Its mettle, it forgot.
My nail-punched palms were sealed.
The germs were maimed with fear.
My punctured rib was healed.
Bruises would disappear.
The Lights again proclaim
Go forth one of our own.
Praises, it’s time to sing.
Go forth and roll the stone
To herald master’s win.
Jesus conquers the grave.
Amen, Amen, Amen.
The lost, he came to save.
Amen, Amen, Amen.
- Four charged for violating restrictions on public gathering at Christ Embassy ‘Pneumatica Night’
- NSMQ 2021: PRESEC beats Achimota, Chemu and Odorgonno SHS to be crowned Regional Champions
- What is the big deal? – Brigitte Dzogbenuku on WGHS refusing to let students fast
- Akufo-Addo accepts Kissi Agyebeng’s nomination as Special Prosecutor, seeks Parliamentary approval
- Police secures restraining order against #FixTheCountry protest on May 9
- Our job is to fix problems; we are fixing them – Bawumia
- #FixTheCountry: We’ll use the courts to set aside order against May 9 protest – Economic Fighters League
- Dominic Ayine questions independence of judiciary
- Ghana takes delivery of 350,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine
- Government declares Thursday, May 13, as public holiday to mark Eid-ul-Fitr
Academia must seek solutions for intolerable cost of getting people into elected positions – Asiedu Nketia
Methodist Church stands by its objection to GES directive to let Muslim students fast – Bishop of Northern Accra Diocese
I had sex with a goat, masturbated 6 times a day – Male victim of sexual abuse recounts
Help us counter insurgent operations – Bawumia charges Prison Cadet graduands
Chinese rocket set to crash back to Earth at unknown location
More than 50 killed in fight over water resources in Central Asia
Oldest human burial in Africa found – A child laid to rest with pillow 78,000 years ago
He blocked me just a day after we had sex – Lady recounts
Feuding factions in decades-old Osu chieftaincy dispute smoke peace pipe
Eden Hazard apologises to Real Madrid fans for laughing with Chelsea players
Legon Cities deny Bashir Hayford’s dismissal rumors
Mahama Ayariga acquitted, Opuni ordered to open his defence
GPL: Four games to lookout for on matchday 23
Fix our road or we’ll fix it ourselves with your revenue – Darisalam youth to Central Gonja District Assembly
Chief allegedly orders for school to be demolished for his palace at Adumasa