Former Ghana U-17 forward, Emmanuel Toku, has signed for Belgian top flight side, Oud-Heverlee Leuven on a permanent deal.
The 22-year-old moves to Belgium from Bulgaria where he played for Botev Plovdiv. Toku joined the Bulgarian side permanently in September 2021 ahead of the 2021/22 season following his spell with Fremad Amager in Denmark.
He signs a three-year deal which will see him stay at the club until 2026.
Toku has made 21 appearances for Botev in the 2022/23 season scoring once and providing two assists during that time.
In his over two years with Botev, Toku made 70 appearances across all competitions and contributed to 14 goals. He scored eight times and turned the provider on six occasions.
At Oud-Heverlee Leuven, the attacking midfielder will be looking to help the team which currently occupies the 10th position on the Jupiler Pro League table.
Toku was part of Ghana’s U-17 team that competed at the FIFA World Cup in India where they suffered a quarterfinal exit against Mali.
- Former Minister for Monitoring and Evaluation, Dr Akoto Osei dies aged 64
- 2 Ghanaian students honoured for topping West Africa in 2022 WASSCE
- Bridget Otoo’s horrifying story of how her car was nearly snatched on Tema motorway
- Interest rates on falling spree; government T-bills oversubscribed by 40%
- Police probe Prof Frimpong Boateng’s Jubilee House ‘galamsey’ allegations
- AFCON 2023Q: Chris Hughton opens Black Stars camp with 8 players
- GACL settles GH¢10m out of GH¢28m owed ECG; balance to be paid in 2-weeks
- Ofori-Atta leaves for China for crucial debt restructuring negotiations
- Avoid mass gatherings, restrict your movements to safe areas – Ghana’s Mission in SA to Ghanaians
- ECG recovers GHȼ18.5m out of ȼ46.9m from 3 state institutions
- The South African choir that performed for Queen Victoria
- Stop the arrogance, downsize your government – Fifi Kwetey tells Akufo-Addo
- Akufo-Addo’s government suffering a complete collapse of credibility – Fifi Kwetey
- Akufo-Addo’s government has been the luckiest in terms of resources, they have no excuse – Fifi Kwetey
- IMF lied about Covid-19, Ukraine war being cause of Ghana’s economic woes – Fifi Kwetey
- Akufo-Addo still in campaign mode – Fifi Kwetey
- Reset your priorities – Sammy Gyamfi tells government
- Climate-smart agricultural practices should be linked to household food security – Climate expert
- Accra Visual Arts Week is back
- Let’s generate African data to empower our AI systems – Computer scientist
- Playback: One-on-one with Fifi Kwetey on PM Express
- I won’t let politics destroy our brotherhood – Fred Nuamah on fracas with John Dumelo
- IMF Executive Board approves US$3bn under new Extended Fund Facility arrangement for Sri Lanka
- 10 enthralling reasons to tune into Joy Prime channel
- Abolish Section 27 of CAP 127 which makes Islamic marriages invalid – Dwomoh