Audio By Carbonatix
England may consider a bid to host the 2030 World Cup with Gianni Infantino now elected Fifa president, Football Association chairman Greg Dyke says.
The FA backed Infantino in Friday's election, in which he polled 115 votes to succeed fellow Swiss Sepp Blatter.
Dyke says Fifa has a leader "whom the FA can trust" after saying it became "impossible" to deal with Blatter.
"This is a new day, a new dawn. I think we will certainly try to win some tournaments," Dyke said.
"(The World Cup in) 2026 will go to North America, but we will maybe go for 2030."
Previous president Blatter quit in May amid allegations that led to a six-year ban from football, which he is contesting.
His resignation prompted the extraordinary congress at world football's governing body, which has been engulfed by claims of widespread corruption since summer 2015.
Dyke was pleased at the result of the election, where lawyer Infantino secured 27 more votes than closest rival Sheikh Salman bin Ebrahim al-Khalifa.
"[Infantino is] very competent, very organised, very together. Not a showman, but good fun. He has got a lot of qualities and it will be very good for Fifa," he said.
"It's been a corrupted organisation for a very long period of time. There's a big job to be done. But at least we've got a reform programme and at least we've got a president in whom we can trust.
"The reason we wouldn't deal with a Blatter Fifa is because we didn't think we'd win. And there was so much bad blood from the last time we tried - at government level as well as at the FA level.
"It was almost impossible to deal with him."
Any future plans for England to bid for future international tournaments will be dealt with by a future FA chairman as Dyke leaves the association this summer.
England lost out to Russia in bidding for the 2018 World Cup.
In October last year, Blatter suggested there had been an agreement in place for Russia to host the event - before the vote took place.
The bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 tournaments is the subject of an ongoing Swiss criminal investigation, which began alongside a US inquiry following the arrest and indictment of several top executives by the US Department of Justice on corruption charges.
Latest Stories
-
Wontumi Out, COKA In: How NPP’s new Ashanti chairman differs from his predecessor
2 minutes -
With unity, we will win 2028 election – Bawumia
5 minutes -
‘The restoration begins’ – Okoe Boye pledges to rebuild NPP in Greater Accra
11 minutes -
Ghana, Netherlands deepen cooperation to tackle illicit drug trade
18 minutes -
One dead, eight injured in head-on crash on Kasoa–Winneba Road
24 minutes -
Cedi stages strong recovery as dollar supply improves, demand eases
25 minutes -
Duncan-Williams warns galamsey could endanger Ghana’s future generations
25 minutes -
Fire ravages wooden structures at Tantra Hill’s Golden Door area
31 minutes -
Petrol prices to drop today with diesel up in mixed pump price review
32 minutes -
Okoe Boye will help NPP win more seats in Greater Accra – Bawumia
36 minutes -
I am open to work with everyone to win 2028 — Bawumia
42 minutes -
Peace, security practitioners tasked to deepen stakeholder collaboration
47 minutes -
Public pay system must balance fair wages with fiscal sustainability – Government
52 minutes -
Niharika Handa makes history as King Faisal’s first female Board Chair
55 minutes -
Gov’t disburses GH¢23.1bn to clear road contractors’ arrears – Roads Minister
59 minutes