Afrobeat artiste Felicia Nuna Tawiah, known in showbiz as Feli Nuna, asserts that lyrics of dancehall act Ebony’s song ‘Sponsor” are influencing young people negatively.
The song, which has attracted a lot of critisms since its release, tells a story of a young girl who dates an older man who ‘sponsors’ all her needs because her boyfriend could not meet her needs.
Feli Nuna speaking to Joy News’ MzGee, is of the opinion that since music has the potency to influence people, the song is causing some young girls to live by its words.
“I always tell her that it’s her fan base, but I don’t believe in what she preaches. Music is powerful, you think you’re just having fun, just saying some things, but someone lives by your words. So, she knows that the sponsor song, I’m not very comfortable with it.”
The singer nevertheless believes that the song if listened to carefully apart from its obvious message, conveys some positive pieces of advice.
“But the sponsor song has a good message in there…maybe you need magnifying glasses to see deep into what she’s saying…maybe she does have a positive idea in the end, but you have to dig deep.”
Feli Nuna few days ago released her new single which she calls ‘Gelaway’; a female star-studded video which starred personalities like actress and Joy Prime presenter Selly Galley, Joy News’ MzGee, Hitz FM’s Amanda Jissih, Caroline Sampson, Bela Mundi amongst others.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards
- Video/Photos: Labadi Beach Hotel picks 3 prestigious awards at 2018 GEM Awards
- I love your hard African face – Medikal tells Fella Makafui