Kumawood actor Nurudeen Abass, popularly known among his colleagues as Blinkz, has been stabbed to death.
The actor was stabbed to death around 10:30 am on Wednesday, November 7, 2018, at Akurem, a suburb between Aboabo and Sawaaba in Kumasi.
Blinkz, who worked with the Acheamfour Terminal, a transport company met his death when he visited his master’s house.
Narrating the incident to the press, Manhyia Divisional Commander, ACP Kwaku Buah explained saying;
“This morning around 10:30 am, a young man who is popularly known and called in Kumasi by the name Blinkz, an actor with Kumawood and a worker at Acheamfour Terminal visited his master’s house at Akurem where he met the master’s wife and brother exchange words. He found it worrying and tried to intervene, however, the brother to his master’s wife took offence with his intervention which eventually turned into a fight.
Brother to the master’s wife and another guy present then attacked Blinkz with knives and in the action stabbed him. One stabbed him in the ribs and the other sliced him in the back, he fell and collapsed. He was immediately rushed to the Manhyia Hospital where he was pronounced dead minutes later.”
Ras Nene, a close pal of the deceased also confirmed the news.
“It is true, he is dead. He died at Manhyia Hospital,” he said.
The body has since been deposited at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital for preservation and autopsy.
The police have therefore advised the culprits, who are currently at large, to report themselves to the nearest police station.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Elvis Presley to get US Presidential Medal of Freedom
- Joe Mettle to thrill audience at praise jam thanksgiving
- Boomplay, Universal Music announce distribution partnership for Africa
- Kim Porter, mother to three of Diddy's children, dies aged 47
- Video: I’m not bothered by ‘dumb question’ trolls – Wendy Shay
- 2018 AFRIMA in limbo, organisers to call off Ghana event if gov’t…
- Video: Royal visit was just wrong – Fuse ODG
- Winners of 2018 National Book Awards
- Gov’t to build ultra-modern film studio, set up National Film Authority
- Video: Yaw Siki became born again because of motorway potholes – Criss Waddle
- Video: Kidi is best vocalist in Ghana but he's not on my album – Kuami Eugene
- Video: I’m cool with Shatta Wale, beef was just business – Criss Waddle
- Uncompleted Volta Regional theatre abandoned for 20 yrs
- 8 days of no 'dumsor' shocks Nollywood actor
- MultiChoice clean sweep at Africa TV industry Awards