Kumawood actor Nurudeen Abass, popularly known among his colleagues as Blinkz, has been stabbed to death.
The actor was stabbed to death around 10:30 am on Wednesday, November 7, 2018, at Akurem, a suburb between Aboabo and Sawaaba in Kumasi.
Blinkz, who worked with the Acheamfour Terminal, a transport company met his death when he visited his master’s house.
Narrating the incident to the press, Manhyia Divisional Commander, ACP Kwaku Buah explained saying;
“This morning around 10:30 am, a young man who is popularly known and called in Kumasi by the name Blinkz, an actor with Kumawood and a worker at Acheamfour Terminal visited his master’s house at Akurem where he met the master’s wife and brother exchange words. He found it worrying and tried to intervene, however, the brother to his master’s wife took offence with his intervention which eventually turned into a fight.
Brother to the master’s wife and another guy present then attacked Blinkz with knives and in the action stabbed him. One stabbed him in the ribs and the other sliced him in the back, he fell and collapsed. He was immediately rushed to the Manhyia Hospital where he was pronounced dead minutes later.”
Ras Nene, a close pal of the deceased also confirmed the news.
“It is true, he is dead. He died at Manhyia Hospital,” he said.
The body has since been deposited at the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital for preservation and autopsy.
The police have therefore advised the culprits, who are currently at large, to report themselves to the nearest police station.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Inna Patty drags ex-Miss Ghana queens to court for defamation
- Kwaw Kese, D-Black, Patapaa are wack rappers – Tinny
- The club of 8 Ghanaian stars to have entered Billboard Chart in 48 years
- FRA! Band, Kyekyeku & Ghanalogue Highlife to tour Spain after winning ‘Vis a Vis’
- Video: Hitz FM’s DJ Bridash drops visuals for ‘Strong Bond’
- Media professionals to vote for 3Music Awards nominees
- Don’t call me Obrafour again, says veteran hiplife artiste
- Obrafour set to celebrate 20 years of ‘Pae Mu Ka’ album with a concert
- Female celebs benefit more in entertainment industry – Ecow Smith-Asante
- US-based Ghanaian rapper handed 15-year sentence
- Photos/Video: Lil Win electrifies Adom ‘Kolor Paaty’
- Davido, others escape air mishap
- Michael Jackson's daughter rubbishes claim she attempted suicide
- Nigeria elections: Desmond Elliot wins Surulere1 Constituency
- 'I had breasts': Sam Smith on having liposuction at 12