Fast-rising singer Patapaa Amisty, popularly known as Patapeezy, has caused a major storm on social media after he paused during a performance to pick up notes of cash that were thrown at him on stage.
The Swedru-based artiste was one of the headline performers during this year’s UK edition of the Ghana Music Awards.
The “One Corner” hit-maker did not disappoint at all, as he delivered an electric performance which got most of the fans dancing on their feet throughout.
Patapaa also ended the night on a high after emerging winner in the “Popular Song of the Year” category.
However, the highlight of the awards was the moment when the singer surprisingly paused during his performance to pick up cash notes being sprayed on him by one of his fans.
Patapaa was captured on video picking up the money and tucking it into his back pocket. He later joked that he has worked hard and therefore deserved the money.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Video: I won't invite 'people' to my wedding – Lilwin
- Steve Bedi to headline PAMA Festival 2019
- Ben Brako tops Global Music Charts with 'Shame and Scandal'
- Bible isn't against Marijuana, stop preaching against it – Rev. Abbeam
- Burna Boy deserved his BET award – Davido
- Cardi B pleads not guilty to assault
- Michelle Obama and Stephen Fry help drive audiobook boom
- Unemployment cause of increased nudity - Vicky Zugah
- Consistency and not hits alone make a good artiste - eShun
- Video: ‘I cannot say Medikal is a fraud boy’ - Strongman
- Don’t marry a woman who cannot cook – Kwesi Arthur's dad to son
- Partnering musicians as a producer is key – Jayso
- First edition of Miss United Continents, Ghana launched
- David Bolton releases visuals for ‘Odo Fofro’ featuring Samini
- Nominees for 2019 Hospitality Awards unveiled