Fast-rising singer Patapaa Amisty, popularly known as Patapeezy, has caused a major storm on social media after he paused during a performance to pick up notes of cash that were thrown at him on stage.
The Swedru-based artiste was one of the headline performers during this year’s UK edition of the Ghana Music Awards.
The “One Corner” hit-maker did not disappoint at all, as he delivered an electric performance which got most of the fans dancing on their feet throughout.
Patapaa also ended the night on a high after emerging winner in the “Popular Song of the Year” category.
However, the highlight of the awards was the moment when the singer surprisingly paused during his performance to pick up cash notes being sprayed on him by one of his fans.
Patapaa was captured on video picking up the money and tucking it into his back pocket. He later joked that he has worked hard and therefore deserved the money.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Meet #empawa100 final ten artistes
- Drake buys $400,000 diamond encrusted iPhone case
- Cwesi Oteng elated to have presented latest album to Akufo-Addo
- Donald Trump retweets viral video of woman juggling football
- John Dumelo reacts to ‘predatory and gross’ hugging of Legon students
- Video/Photos: Celestine Donkor thrills in first Drive Time Live Concert
- Video: Stonebwoy to headline Independence Concert
- Video: Our leaders are selfish - Don Little
- Jussie Smollett had no role in own attack, lawyers say
- Video: Young rapper takes on politicians, police, slay queens in freestyle rap
- NYPD investigating commander accused of telling officers to shoot 50 Cent
- Has Meghan's accent changed since marrying Prince Harry?
- Oscars 2019: All awards will be shown live after backlash
- Fred Amugi threatens to sue Rosemond Brown for alleging they had sex
- I officially accept Starboy Kwarteng nickname – Ebony’s Father