Fast-rising singer Patapaa Amisty, popularly known as Patapeezy, has caused a major storm on social media after he paused during a performance to pick up notes of cash that were thrown at him on stage.
The Swedru-based artiste was one of the headline performers during this year’s UK edition of the Ghana Music Awards.
The “One Corner” hit-maker did not disappoint at all, as he delivered an electric performance which got most of the fans dancing on their feet throughout.
Patapaa also ended the night on a high after emerging winner in the “Popular Song of the Year” category.
However, the highlight of the awards was the moment when the singer surprisingly paused during his performance to pick up cash notes being sprayed on him by one of his fans.
Patapaa was captured on video picking up the money and tucking it into his back pocket. He later joked that he has worked hard and therefore deserved the money.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Ebony was vilified because of her sexuality – Novelist on stereotype
- I wish Trigmatic were my biological son – Aka Blay
- Adele splits from husband Simon Konecki
- Cardi B rejects plea deal over Queens strip club brawl
- Good Friday special: Luigi Maclean, Globe Productions light up Super Morning Show
- Osibisa marks 50 years of musical excellence
- Video: Ghana DJ Awards PubFest keeps Purple Pub jamming till morning
- Yvonne Nelson urges Ghanaians to boycott elections
- Enough of the love songs - Barima Sidney
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 15): Fameye’s ‘Nothing I get’, Kofi Mole’s ‘Don’t be late’ on the rise
- Harvest Praise 2019 airs live on DStv, GOtv come Good Friday
- Photos: Ghana Jeep Club parties with children of Potter’s Orphanage Village
- Video vixen gives life to Christ, now philanthropist
- New Video: Mista Myles eyes Afrobeats crown with ‘African Girl’
- Assault, killings by uniformed men will make Nigeria collapse - Omotola tells Buhari