The Panafest International Expo (PIE_UK) has opened in the United Kingdom (UK).
Speaking at the launch, Ghana’s Deputy High Commissioner to the UK and Ireland, who Rita Tani Iddi urged Africans in the diaspora to visit Ghana this year.
This she, said, will allow them to experience what she calls “The new dawn” and also celebrate the strengths and resilience of the African spirit.
“Come and experience the sounds, music, people and unique scenery of Ghana, a country dotted with some of the UNESCO heritages that unfold the silent memorials of our history....” she said.
Mrs. Tani Iddi was speaking at the Media launch of Panafest International Expo (PIE_UK), an event scheduled for Summer 2020 in London to showcase and bring Africans in the Diaspora together to get them to take part in activities making the Pan-African festival which takes place every two years in Ghana.
The Media Launch was held at the Ghana High Commission in London.
Minister Plenipotentiary and Head of Chancery at the Ghana Commission UK, Mrs. Matilda Alomatu Osei Agyeman advised attendees at the media launch, made up of Caribbean and nationals of other African countries not to sit on the fence as Ghana opens its arms to Africans and people of African descent through this innovative project.
Other speakers at the event included Mr Kofi Addo, Mrs. Joyce Koranteng Asamoah in charge of Commonwealth and the Diaspora, Mrs Adoma Dennis, Minister Counsellor at the Welfare and Consular department and Mrs. Freda Bediako Puni Of the Political and Economy Department of the Ghana High Commission.
Adding his voice, PIE_UK Music Ambassador, Jupitar said: "We will announce the date, venue alongside an official website and more details, at a Launch concert in Manchester on August 10th to kick-start prep for the 2020 Summer PIE_UK event in London."
PIE_UK is being organized by the Pan African Art Society, UK (PAAS), Musicbiz Ghana, Musicians Union of Ghana, Showbiz Africa, UNAfrik, Malaika Media and other UK Partners.
Source: Dodzie Numekevor, Head Of Public Affairs and Information, Ghana High Commission UK.
More Entertainment Headlines
- How Tobi proposed to me – Becca reveals as they mark first anniversary
- Video: Thousands throng Shatta Wale, Tinny’s ‘Loud in Bukom’ concert
- Video: If police arrest you for smoking weed, just beg - Shatta Wale tells fans
- R Kelly misses court hearing in Chicago after transport mix-up
- Duchess of Sussex's TV drama Suits jokes about her royal role
- Video: Mum told me Reggie Rockstone sounded like a porn star’s name
- Van Vicker jabs Kofi Asamoah for saying blacks can't be wise as whites
- Videos/Photos: Steve Harvey visits Cape Coast Castle, gets emotional
- Nigerian comedian, Klint da Drunk involved in accident
- Video: Emotional McBrown recounts 20-year struggle to have a child
- Ghanaian actors are too comfortable - Moesha Boduong
- Video: Comedian Steve Harvey in Ghana for Year of Return
- Pius wins hearts with dance moves at Chicago’s Ghanafest 2019
- 'What Do Girls Really Want' – Sister Derby, Freda Rhymz, others school Lord Paper
- Checkout Becca's birthday message from husband