The Minister for Tourism and Creative Arts, Mrs. Barbara Oteng Gyasi has condemned the brawl between Shatta Wale and Stonebwoy at the 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards (VGMA).
Blaming her outfit and the organisers of the VGMA, Charter House, for the chaos at the ceremony, the Tourism and Creative Arts Minister, said they failed to prevent it.
She said the brawl could have been prevented had her Ministry and the organisers of the event looked at security at the event seriously.
The camp of Stonebwoy and Shatta Wale clashed on stage when Stonebwoy was announced as the winner for the Reggae/Dancehall Artiste of the Year category.
In the midst of the tension, Stonebwoy pulled out a gun; an action he has explained in a press statement as self-defence.
In a radio interview on Accra based Starr FM on Monday, Mrs Oteng Gyasi said “There was a little failure on our part as the Ministry and the organisers. Prior to the event, we noticed some banter between the fans of the musicians on social media. It would have been better if they [Charterhouse] engaged them.”
“Going forward, it is important measures are put in place to ensure the security of all audiences and participants,” she added.
The Minister who said she was hurt and embarrassed by the brawl, urged fans from the camps of the two artistes to “ceasefire.”
“Let’s all remain calm and control the damage so no one is hurt,” she admonished.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Some big artistes used to kneel down for misbehaving – Hammer
- I don’t feel celebrated enough – Kwaw Kese laments
- Stonebwoy gears up for Shuga Summer Tour
- I won't beef with someone who can't write her own songs – Kelvyn Boy
- Modelling not lucrative in Ghana — Chantelle Dapaah
- Reggie Rockstone leaves VVIP?
- Video: Kofi Adjorlolo dating Victoria Lebene mere media stunt – Abeiku Santana
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 23): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ gunning for number 1?
- Russian poker star electrocuted in bath at home
- Popular illusionist ready to stun patrons at 2019 MMC Live
- From Nollywood to pulpit: Eucharia Anunobi’s untold conversion story
- Sarkodie doesn’t come to bed early – Wife
- Lawyer: Cuba Gooding Jr. will turn self in on groping charge
- I saved Ghanaian rap music from dying – Medikal brags
- Video: Patapaa chills with European girlfriend at the beach