Celebrity blogger, Ameyaw Debrah has tipped Stonebwoy as possibly the “biggest loser” following Saturday’s brawl with arch-rival Shatta Wale at the Vodafone Ghana Music Awards.
He said Stonebwoy; born Livingstone Etse Satekla “has more going for him” in terms of international recognition and the violence could damage the relationship with his associates.
“Most of these international people, these things tend to affect their affiliation with you,” Mr Debrah told Kojo Yankson on the AM Show on the Joy News channel Monday.
He added that the reggae/dancehall artiste’s team must manage the effects of the scuffle to save his image.
Clash at VGMA
Stonebwoy pulled a gun on stage in the midst of a scuffle when he went to pick up his award for Dancehall artiste of the year – a fifth time consecutive.
Shatta Wale known in private life as Charles Nii Armah Mensah and his entourage moved onto the stage when the ‘Mane me’ hit singer was about to give his acceptance speech causing misunderstanding between the two rival camps.
After the dust settled, Stonebwoy apologised for the disturbances when he went back on stage to pick his second honour for the night.
The clash caused some iconic figures at the Accra International Conference Centre (AICC) to vacate and go home.
Speaking on the extent of rivalry between the two dancehall acts, Ameyaw Debrah noted that the genre of their music cannot be linked to the violent nature of the fan bases.
He said if there was the same bipolarity in a different genre, the story would have been the same.
Kofi Xerda, another blogger who was on the AM Show, however, disagreed. He believes the violent nature of the rivalry is as a result of blind copying.
He said dancehall is perceived to be associated with violence in Jamaica where it originates from, causing the ‘importers’ to copy same; albeit blindly.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Some big artistes used to kneel down for misbehaving – Hammer
- I don’t feel celebrated enough – Kwaw Kese laments
- Stonebwoy gears up for Shuga Summer Tour
- I won't beef with someone who can't write her own songs – Kelvyn Boy
- Modelling not lucrative in Ghana — Chantelle Dapaah
- Reggie Rockstone leaves VVIP?
- Video: Kofi Adjorlolo dating Victoria Lebene mere media stunt – Abeiku Santana
- Adom FM Music Chart (Week 23): Kwesi Arthur's ‘Nobody’ gunning for number 1?
- Russian poker star electrocuted in bath at home
- Popular illusionist ready to stun patrons at 2019 MMC Live
- From Nollywood to pulpit: Eucharia Anunobi’s untold conversion story
- Sarkodie doesn’t come to bed early – Wife
- Lawyer: Cuba Gooding Jr. will turn self in on groping charge
- I saved Ghanaian rap music from dying – Medikal brags
- Video: Patapaa chills with European girlfriend at the beach