Veteran musician, Kojo Antwi, is asking his fans to determine his fate in the ongoing comparison between himself and Daddy Lumba.
Recently, the long-lived comparison of the musical prowess of the two veterans, Daddy Lumba and Kojo Antwi generated heated arguments on social media.
Reacting to the debate in a conversation with Joynews’ MzGee, the Tom and Jerry hitmaker alluded such debate was healthy.
“It is good for the industry. I have a lot of respect for Kwadwo Fosu [Lumba], he is a brother, I believe God has a purpose for bringing him here the same time as me. I respect him because with Kwadwo Fosu, Nana Tuffour, Amakye Dede, George Darko we were able to breathe life into Ghanaian music”.
“The comparison and all that is good because it injects some new blood into the system and for me it is cool”
Kojo, also referred to as the ‘Music Man’ denied stating he does better songs than Daddy Lumba. He says that’s an assertion that should be left to the fans. He added that time will also vindicate the better musician.
“I think that is for the fans to judge. I don’t think I said I do better songs than him. When it comes to what I do, I have a different target and he may have his own different target and it is not up to me to judge that my songs are better than him or vice versa. I try as much as I can that I don’t allow the media to create some kind of rivalry between us because we have existed in this industry for two decades…It is for the crowd to judge or time will judge us.”
Make a date with Kojo Antwi on February 14 at the Kempinski Hotel for Joy FM's Lovers Dance Night.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- VGMA@20: Police arrest one person after Shatta-Stonebwoy brawl
- VGMA@20: Oragnisers fail to announce 'Artiste of the Year' due to Shatta, Stonebwoy fight
- VGMA@20: Sarkodie crowned ‘Artiste of the Decade’
- VGMA@20: “You are my son” – Amakye Dede crowns Kuami Eugene
- “I’m really sorry” - Stonebwoy apolgises for pulling gun at VGMA@20
- Video: VGMA@20: Stonebwoy pulls gun as Bhim Nation, Shatta Wale camps clash
- Photos: Fashion moment on the Red Carpet of VGMA@20
- VGMA@20: Check out winners at 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- VGMA@20: Live updates of 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards
- I’m rooting for Kuami Eugene to win ‘Artiste of the Year’ – Okyeame Kwame
- Video: Watch 20th Vodafone Ghana Music Awards live
- Arnold Schwarzenegger drop-kicked at South Africa event
- It's fraud when artiste don't perform live – Samini
- Staying united secured our success - Daughters of Glorious Jesus
- Kwesi Arthur, Chris Attoh, Dumelo, others headline week's entertainment news