It is usual to hear up-and-coming artistes lament about the lack of support given to them by the industry.
Their lamentations stem from the argument that the music industry should develop talents at all stages but it appears only mainstream artistes are given attention.
One underground artiste who shares in this sentiment is rapper Ikroniq Banks who has been doing music since his primary school days.
When the rapper was asked by Dr Pounds on Hitz Gallery on Hitz FM how he wanted the industry to help them, Ikroniq surprisingly requested for 20 slots for underground artistes on major events.
“At least, like some of these big shows, Ghana Rocks, Decemba2Rememba etc at least…we should have 10 up-and-coming acts constant or maybe 20. But at least 10,” he requested.
The rapper believes that this arrangement will help to highly boost the careers of underground artistes because performances on major shows give great exposure.
He also cautioned his colleagues against demanding to perform at the latter stages of the show when they are offered opening act performances.
Ikroniq has released several songs including ‘Wey Dey Town’ featuring Article Wan, ‘40k’ ‘Over’. ‘Mogul’, ‘Blow’ and many others.
The underground artiste has two videos to his credit and preparing to shoot a video for his song featuring Article Wan.
Have your say
More Entertainment Headlines
- Tiwa Savage rents entire cinema for son to watch 'The Lion King'
- Language not a barrier in music – FRA! band
- Why we were not allowed to meet Akufo-Addo - Dark Suburb explains
- People want Miss Ghana queens to look like slay queens - Inna Patty
- Video: I’m not ugly, my mirror doesn’t tell me so - Miss Ghana 2019
- 2019 Golden Movie Awards: Full list of nominees released
- 5 honours, 26 competitive awards to be given out at 2019 Golden Movie Awards
- New video alert! - Rocky Dawuni premieres 'Elevation'
- Video: Shatta Wale explains why he is king
- Panafest International Expo launched in UK
- Too many music talents hypnotised by Afrobeat popularity - David Bolton bemoans
- Video: My music was getting bigger – Ohemaa Mercy explains why she quit teaching
- Video: Funny Face claims police assault during movie shoot
- Cardi B rape accusations resurfaces
- Regent University student wins 2019 edition of 'Live Inside Win the Ride'