A farmer at Assin Akomfode in the Central Region is in critical condition after accidentally chopping off his scrotum while asleep.
According to the farmer, Kofi Atta, while sleeping, he dreamt of cutting meat.
Unbeknownst to him, he was, in reality cutting a part of his male genital.
This condition is referred to as parasomnia. It is a sleep disorder that involves unusual and undesirable physical events or experiences that disrupt your sleep.
Speaking to Adom News’ Samuel Alfred Amoh, Kofi Atta said he woke up from sleep to find himself in a pool of blood.
The wife of the victim, Adwoa Konadu indicated that this is not the first time her husband has carried out an activity while sleeping.
According to her, Kofi Atta often walks, talks and occasionally fights while asleep.
Currently, the victim is in stable condition at St Francis Xavier hospital in Assin Fosu and has been referred to the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital (KATH)
Adom News, however, reports that the victim’s relatives are unable to raise GH₵600 to fuel an ambulance provided by the National Ambulance Service, hence Kofi Atta is yet to obtain further medical care.
- Asantehene insists chiefs cannot be blamed for galamsey activities
- ‘My husband either reaches Europe or dies at sea’
- ‘The empty headedness of the youth was good enough to vote you into power’ – Senyo Hosi to KT Hammond
- The activities of Chairman Wontumi’s mining firm are illegal – John Jinapor
- PBC Ltd CEO, Richard Akuoko Adiyiah dead
- Burkina Faso unrest: Military officers remove leader Damiba
- We do not deploy soldiers to provide security for mining firms – Armed Forces
- ECG extends weekend working hours due to vending challenges
- Galamsey fight: DCEs must get fired – John Awuah
- There is evidence to show some NPP top officials are into illegal mining – John Jinapor
- Count On Crops Hub equips 32 Agric Extension Officers with data collection skills
- Government fails to announce new farmgate price for cocoa despite start of season
- 2023 CHAN: Black Galaxies face Morocco, Madagascar and Sudan in Group C
- Fight against galamsey must be above partisan politics – Samuel Jinapor
- Customers can purchase electricity credits from Oct. 2 – ECG
- Arsenal beat Tottenham to go four points clear
- Aubameyang scores as Potter gets first Chelsea win
- Faisal Chibsah: From starting coaching career as volunteer to heading FIFA High-Performance specialist role for Africa
- Genser deal: We’re developing a Trojan horse to cannibalise all state enterprises in the energy sector – Ben Boakye
- Policymakers must ensure Ghana does not return to current economic situation – Dr. Twumasi-Baffuor
- Let the public know your innovations – Dr. Addo Kufuor charges tertiary institutions
- Over 1000 shops flooded at Kumasi Central Market; traders blame Contracta for the mess
- Orange Corners Ghana celebrates graduation of 45 entrepreneurs
- UT’s loans in less than 48 hours saved many businesses from collapse – Amoabeng
- Medical Laboratory Workers’ Union to hold AGM