Audio By Carbonatix
The Former Chief Executive of the Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital has sued Health Minister Dr. Benjamin Kumbuor and two other defendants for what he says is the wrongful termination of his appointment.
Dr. Anthony Nsiah-Asare was sacked last February following a correspondence sent from the Health Ministry. Consequently, the current CEO Professor Ohene Adjei instructed salary payments to his predecessor be stopped.
Dr. Nsiah-Asare says he is seeking his reinstatement and payment of his full entitlement since the date his salary was stopped.
His lawyer Kwaku Afrifa Nsiah Asare who spoke to Joy News, said his client is contesting the validity of the appointment of the current CEO, Prof. Adjei because “if indeed the termination of [Dr Nsiah-Asare’s appointment] was wrongful and same is seen as null and void then the position was not rendered vacant in the first place for anybody to have appointed anyone as the CEO of Komfo-Anokye.”
He said the former CEO would not have gone to court if the contractual agreement he entered into with the hospital had been respected.
Source: Joy News/Ghana
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Tags:
DISCLAIMER: The Views, Comments, Opinions, Contributions and Statements made by Readers and Contributors on this platform do not necessarily represent the views or policy of Multimedia Group Limited.
Latest Stories
-
Ronaldinho seeks 300th goal with comeback aged 46
4 hours -
Your voice, your future – Opare Addo opens National Youth Forum 2026
4 hours -
GRA pushes data-driven tax administration to boost revenue mobilisation
4 hours -
NSMQ 2026: Presby SHS, Bompata crushes Sacred Heart’s hopes of reaching one-eighth stage
4 hours -
Africa Golf Tourism Convention opens in South Africa to unlock opportunities
4 hours -
BOGISS alleged sexual assault: Dr Apaak demands protection for autism victim
4 hours -
GTEC trains tertiary officials on new affiliation quality assurance framework
4 hours -
Luv FM High School Debate: OKESS, OSASS silence K’Wey Gey and KASS in fierce round of 16
5 hours -
Alcaraz to play US Open after four months out
5 hours -
Even if all foreigners leave, South Africa’s problems will remain – Dr Yamson blames state failure
5 hours -
Mahama announces GH¢500m district housing programme; rollout to begin this year
5 hours -
Energy Committee yet to receive July 29 blackout report – Adomako-Mensah
5 hours -
Five in six Ghana health facilities fall short of basic sanitation standard – WHO/UNICEF
5 hours -
Mohammed Fuseini in talks over Troyes move from Union SG
6 hours -
‘Bear with the system’ – Energy Ministry says temporary power control room to be ready by September
6 hours